- Great Inner West location, close to public transport
- Utilise your data analysis and SQL skills
- Part time OR full time role available with flexible working hours!
- 12 month fixed term contract
About The Shepherd Centre
The Shepherd Centre is a world-leading charity that specialises in making it possible for children who are deaf or hard of hearing to be able to speak as well as any other child. We provide a research- and evidence-based specialist service to children at each of our physical centres and via online therapy.
The organisation has grown rapidly in the past 5 years in both its fundraising and clinical services, with further growth expected over the coming years. With 50% of children with hearing loss not receiving the services they need we are determined to grow so that every child has access to the help that they need.
The Shepherd Centre has an outstanding work environment, offering flexible working options for all employees, and was awarded ‘Employer of Choice’ by the Sydney Chamber of Commerce.
Reporting to the Senior Manager Information & Analysis this unique role will see you working across fundraising and clinical research teams. You will be responsible for providing data, information, research, survey & evaluation design, reports and insights into the business.
You will work closely with key stakeholders to provide selections, reporting and analysis as well as database support to the Fundraising and Clinical Teams.
- Data architecture of internal SQL databases to manage gaps between the software and evolving systems
- Identify and use data to recommend efficiencies and improve business functioning
- Work closely with key stakeholders to improve functionality of the system
- Managing software upgrades including liaising with developers, testing, creating and implementing the roll out
- Scoping and documenting new change requests for all systems and database
- Manage existing reports and develop new ones as required
- Summarize information from various sources and provide insights to internal stakeholders
Skills & Attributes
- At least 4 years of data management, ideally for a NFP or Fundraising environment
- Proven experience in a similar data analyst role
- Intermediate-advanced skills in SQL
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office - including Excel (pivot tables, vlookup formulas, filtering, data management)
- High attention to detail
- Strong communication both verbal and written
- The ability to build strong relationships with internal & external stakeholders
- Good time management and the ability to prioritise tasks
If you enjoy working in a small, collaborative and passionate team this is great role. This role is ideal for someone looking for a full time of part time role with flexible working hours and a positive, friendly team.
All staff at The Shepherd Centre are committed to excellence in our work towards achieving our vision of every child with hearing loss achieving the best spoken language they are capable of; including fostering a professional, collaborative and passionate work environment.
To learn more about the organisation click and watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lg3WHmGxFkg
We welcome applications from people with a disability, including hearing loss.
How to apply
If this sounds like something that you would be interested in, with a cover letter outlining your previous experience and the reason for your application along with your full resume.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received, please apply now.
If you have any further questions, please contact Rhonda Newman at email@example.com
There is no closing date for this role, all applications will be reviewed as they are received, and successful applicants will be contacted.
Beaumont People has been contracted to recruit this role on behalf the Shepherd Centre, therefor