Drive stakeholder engagement, policy, advocacy, government relations, industry accreditation and keeping the ship running! This role is anticipated to be 8-12 weeks in length while a new CEO is recruited.
Start date is w/c 4th February. Applications for the interim role and can also be considered for the permanent role.
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
Australian Diabetes Educators Association (ADEA) is seeking an experienced Interim CEO who is a strong leader with vision. They will be responsible for implementing ADEA's mission and strategy whilst building on stakeholder engagement. A background in the not for profit sector is preferred and the ideal candidate will have a business mindset and will be able to see the “big picture” in a variety of settings.
ADEA is the membership body for Diabetes Educators and their accreditation program. They currently have around 3,500 members in the private and public sector.
Reporting to the Board, the CEO is the public face of ADEA and responsible for the effective management and leadership of the organisation. The CEO plays a major role in nurturing and sustaining key stakeholder relationships, including the membership body, internal staff, federal and state government and various charities.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND CRITERIA
- Demonstrated operational and leadership experience as a CEO or senior executive
- Demonstrated ability to effectively engage with a broad range of stakeholders
- High level leadership and management skills
- Excellent communication skills with a personable style and able to influence others
- Working knowledge and experience in the management of finance, operations, planning, reporting
- Demonstrated understanding of policy development and government relations
- National Board level management
- Strategic planning
- Tertiary level qualifications in relevant discipline
To request a full position description and information pack please email Jo Brown - email@example.com.
Applications must include a current resume and details of your availability.
To submit an application please click APPLY. Applications will be assessed on receipt and shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview immediately. Beaumont has been retained to recruit this position so please direct all enquiries to Beaumont People.
Beaumont people specialises in all areas of NFP recruitment including memberships, fundraising and corporate partnerships.