The school is nestled among the green hills of the Byron Shire hinterland with 650 students from K to 12, playgroups, a registered Preschool as well as a working farm and Trade Skills Centre.
Shearwater provides a living, integrated education inspired by anthroposophy, in which a focus on the development of the whole human being is supported by a conscious connection to place and time. Their school environment is designed to cultivate every child’s inner life of imagination, creativity and enthusiasm for academic challenge and physical activity.
The Role of HR & Administration Assistant
As HR & Administration Assistant you will report to the HR Manager and the Business Manager. The role will predominately be a support-based role focused on 70% HR support and 30% Admin support. No experience in HR is necessary but willingness to learn is essential.
- Administrative data entry duties (drafting & editing contracts)
- Set-up internal committee meetings & take minutes
- Follow-up on actions from committee meetings and get back to relevant authorities
- Scheduling interviews
- Help to conduct interviews
- Track applications & candidate management
- Support the development of new HR practices
- Ad-hoc admin duties
- Intermediate to Advanced computer skills & data entry
- Comfortable with Mac operating systems, Google documents & Microsoft Office software
- Self-motivated & able to work in a fast-paced environment with competing demands
- Enthusiastic, team player with high attention to detail and good time management skills
- Ability to investigate & follow-up
- Interest in Human Resources or previous experience in HR
- Previous experience of working within education beneficial
We are also recruiting a 1 year maternity contract, HR advisor position if you are seeking a higher level HR position. Please feel free to apply as stated below.
Please send your up to date resume to email@example.com
Or call Anna Fry for a confidential discussion on 02 9133 9322.
Please note: Beaumont People have been engaged to manage this recruitment process, all enquiries must be directed to Anna (detailed above).
There is no closing date for this role, applications will be reviewed as they are received.
We looking forward to hearing from you!