This recognised community housing organisation is seeking a housing manager to join their team.
A highly reputable company culture
Salary package of $84-90K
Initially an 11 month contract
Providing affordable, rental housing across the Sydney area, this not-for-profit community housing organisation support people in need. Being one of the largest housing associations in NSW they manage over 2000 properties addressing the local community housing need.
Reporting to Housing Team Leader this organisation are seeking an experienced Housing Manager to oversee a portfolio of approximately 250 properties and ensure that the organisation meets its property management and client service's aims and obligations.
As housing manager you will be required to:
- Manage allocation of applicants and tenants fairly and minimise vacancy rates
- Adhere to the organisations policies and procedures
- Prepare documentation for tenancies
- Maintain appropriate relationships with tenants
- Inspect properties on a regular basis and refer maintenance issues to Asset & Infrastructure Team
- Inspect properties at end of lease for damage
- Liaise with Finance, IT & Administration Team about tenants in rent arrears
- Represent the organisation at the Consumer, Trader and Tenancy Tribunal as required
- Manage relationships with the community and other community services
- Support tenant participation and community activities
This role will suit a current property / housing manager with experience of managing multiple properties. To be considered you will have:
- Experience in delivering high quality direct services to clients
- An empathy for complex situations and needs whilst having the ability to control and create a positive outcome
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and highly developed interpersonal skills
- A commitment to supporting cultural diversity
- Excellent organisational skills, be able to prioritise and manage a high volume of work
- A current NSW driving licence
If you have a keen interest in social care and responsibility then this could be you ideal next challenge. This vacancy is available now so if would like to hear more please call Sadie Kelly on 02 9093 4911 or 'Apply' now.