The Home Care Coordinator is responsible for securing new clients and for the case management of client services including clinical oversight of packaged care clients and staff for Home and Community Care service delivery. This includes leading a team of Home Care Workers to provide best care to older people living independently in the community; and being responsible for day to day program operations, including safety, quality and financial management.
- Undertakes initial assessment, clinical screening and on-boarding for new clients and maintains ongoing assessment and exemplary relationship with clients and their representatives
- Maintains regular contact with clients
- Develops, implements and monitors/reviews consumer directed care plans in collaboration with clients
- Provides consumer directed case management services to clients acting as the main point of contact between clients, their informal carers, Home Care Workers and external service providers
- Delivers clinical care directly to clients in line with care plan goals
- Liaises with other allied health professionals for implementation of care plans for high risk clients
- Produces individual client budgets and ensures accurate and up-to-date monthly statements are issued to clients
- Exercises duty of care to clients in the day to day role identifying and responding to changes in clients’ care and support needs
- Maintains register of high risk clients and monitors their condition and care needs regularly
- Promptly makes client referrals where necessary, particularly to a higher level package where the clients functionality is deteriorating
- Convenes case conferences with high risk clients and their representatives
- Identifies the need for new service providers/suppliers and assists in establishing and maintaining agreements with them
- Liaises with brokered service providers/suppliers to arrange services and products to meet the needs and wishes of clients
- Oversees delivery of quality of care and services for all clients, and assistance with medications for all clients, in accordance with Aged Care Plus Policies and Procedures and the Australian Government’s standards for home care services
- Provides an after-hours on call service for packaged care clients, where relevant.
To be successful in this role you will have –
- Current unrestricted registration as a Registered Nurse with AHPRA
- Proven clinical leadership experience in overseeing, coordinating and implementing consumer directed care services within a Home and Community Care setting
- Demonstrated ability undertaking and monitoring clinical assessments and care plans, ability to analyse and report on clinical data and to identify, manage and report on clinical risk relating to clients
- Minimum 1 year experience supervising staff and/or managing rosters
- Excellent oral and written interpersonal skills, strong customer service focus and ability to negotiate and influence others
- High level administrative skills and intermediate computer skills, including familiarity with client management systems
- Current drivers licence, good driving record and willingness to travel for work.
This role is advertised without a closing date, all applications will be reviewed on receipt so please send your application ASAP if you are interested in this role.