An exciting opportunity exists for an experienced Head of Philanthropy with a proven track record in securing major gifts.
- Develop Major Gift strategy
- Inspiring organisation
- Part time considered, Competitive Salary Packaging, Kings Cross location
The Victor Chang Cardiac Research Institute is dedicated to finding cures for cardiovascular disease through world class medical research. Established in 1994, it is the legacy of legendary heart transplant surgeon Victor Chang. Renowned for the quality of its breakthroughs the Victor Chang Institute is working to discover better ways to diagnose, treat and ultimately prevent the onset of heart disease.
- Develop and implement a strategic plan for nurturing and acquisition of current and prospective major donors
- Develop relationships with a view to securing gifts of significance through a range of personalised donor engagement activities for individual major donors and Trusts and Foundations
- Develop engagement and communication plans, donor strategies and proposals
- Identify prospects and manage cultivation stewardship processes
- Conceptualise and project manage major gift donor events
- Oversee the donor journey from approach to ask
- Grow and develop long term and long-lasting relationships with donors, increasing their level of giving
- Develop a strategic approach to the growth and development of the philanthropy portfolio
- Create and oversee cultivation events
- Generate income from new donors creating detailed donor profiles and utilising tools available for donor research
- Work alongside the CEO and board to develop long lasting donor relationships
- Manage budgets, targets and reporting for the major donor program
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with Victor Chang Institute researchers, as both supporters and beneficiaries of the Institute’s fundraising activities
- Proven Major Giving fundraising experience with experience in soliciting large gifts
- Knowledge and experience of successful proposal development and philanthropic grant management
- Experience setting strategy and managing budgets across philanthropy
- Experience managing the process across Philanthropic giving including research, proposal creation, cultivation and influencing
- Exceptional relationship management experience and proven track record of building long term rewarding partnerships
- Experienced in donor event management
- Exceptional presentation skills
- Efficiency in administration and reporting
- Experience working with senior executives and boards
Driven, motivated and hardworking fundraising team. Incredible cause. Supportive and collaborative culture.
Please apply as soon as possible as applications will be reviewed on an immediate basis.
Beaumont Not for Profit has been contracted to recruit this role. Beaumont NFP is a non-profit service specialising in delivering unparalleled permanent and temporary recruitment solutions to the Not for profit sector on a Not for Profit basis