Globally, for more than 50 years, World Animal Protection has been moving the world to protect animals; in the wild, in disasters, on farms and in communities. They work across Australia and New Zealand to ensure high-standards of welfare for animals, influencing decision makers to put animals on the national agenda, inspiring people to protect animals and to change animals’ lives for the better.
A campaign driven and supporter-led organization, they lobby, advocate and educate government, stakeholders and individuals to protect animals from cruelty and suffering.
The Head of Operations ANZ is a new role reporting to the Executive Director ANZ. It has been created to drive operational effectiveness and lead a significant digital transformation program of work, across multiple workstreams.
This is a senior role and will lead a diverse team of professionals across Finance, Human Resources, Data, Systems and IT. The role will also provide executive leadership of a large scale digital enablement project, to improve marketing automation, data and CRM systems and processes, to transform the way the organisation works.
To be successful in the role you will need to meet the following criteria.
- Minimum of ten years demonstrated experience of managing a multi-disciplinary team across Finance, HR, IT and Data teams providing clear direction, motivation, empowerment and inspiration
- Demonstrated skills in planning and organising large scale transformational projects with the ability to develop and implement strategies and assess performance
- Experience in Financial and Management Accounting and budget oversight, including setting and managing budgets
- Experience managing infrastructure and IT Support groups/vendors to ensure effective partnering with business units to deliver business integration solutions aligned with the organisation’s organisational objectives, IT and customer strategy.
- Advanced knowledge of databases and Microsoft package, i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and CRM Databases such as Power BI, SalesForce, Raisers Edge, or similar
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills, attention to detail and ability to maintain high level of Supporter Operations standards
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) with the ability to analyse data and communicate results to others
- University degree in a Finance, Business, Technology or Marketing discipline
- Experience working in the not for profit sector
- Understanding of privacy principles concerning Australia and New Zealand and GDPR compliance
- Experience managing vendors and contract administration across Australia and New Zealand
- A passion for animal welfare and a strong commitment to the aims and values of World Animal Protection.
To request a full position description please email Liska Turner at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications need to include a current resume and a cover letter that addresses the Essential Criteria.
Applications close 30 January 2019.
To submit an application please click APPLY. Applications will be assessed on receipt and shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
Beaumont Not-for-Profit has been retained to recruit this position so please direct all enquiries to Beaumont People.