Head of Fundraising
The Avner Pancreatic Cancer Foundation is the only national organisation focussed entirely on pancreatic cancer. Their stated vision is to double survival by 2020. This is the outcome that they are entirely focused on. Everything they do is about raising money, directing that money to research and thereby changing survival odds.
Since 2008 a unique combination of mates, colleagues and corporates have raised nearly $10M and launched a research grant funding program under the guidance of an international research panel.
The Foundation has reached the point where it requires the professional stewardship of a Head of Fundraising to complete the transition from humble beginnings to a well-resourced, purposeful NFP that is heard and respected by corporate, community, individuals and government partners.
You will be a proven Fundraising leader with experience in strategic Fundraising management across all income streams with a focus on bequests, corporates, major donor, events and government.
- Devise and lead on fundraising strategy
- Fantastic board
- Excellent package and benefits, Manly beach based
- Autonomy to devise and deliver a fundraising strategy
- Manage the fundraising budget and financial plans reporting back to the board
- Report directly in to the chairman
- Deliver fundraising plans across income streams including; bequests, corporate, major donors, events and IG
- Set up new areas of income including a bequests program
- Manage relationships with key stakeholders within government and develop that stream
- Acquire, manage and retain new donors and partners
- Nurture and progress the growth of the existing calendar of events
- Manage the existing fundraising portfolio generating c$1.3m annually
- Establish and implement digital platforms as a basis for growth across revenue streams
- Prepare, brief and work with the well networked Board to generate funds
- Provide expertise in the development of Avner’s Foundation relationship fundraising program offerings to ensure the organisation is well-positioned to successfully match funding needs with high net worth donors and strategic partners
- Develop pitches and presentations for cases of support
- Review all systems and processes across fundraising and make recommendations for change
- Work alongside the marketing manager to produce an effective fundraising marketing plan
- Work successfully in a small organisation in a very hands on role
Skills & Attributes
- Significant experience and proven performance in devising fundraising strategy and delivering across all areas of income including major gifts, bequest, corporate and events
- Background in preparation of income targets and cost estimates for programs
- Understanding of government funding and processes
- Ability to influence and engage at senior level
- Proven experience in setting up new income streams i.e. a bequest program
- A desire to work in a small organisation with strategic and hands on responsibility
- Knowledge of, and complies with relevant governance requirements including legislation and organisational policies applicable to programs and projects
- Budget and financial management and reporting experience
- Ability to report directly in to a board
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
Please apply as soon as possible as applications will be reviewed on an immediate basis.
Beaumont Not for Profit has been contracted to recruit this role. Beaumont NFP is a non-profit service specialising in delivering unparalleled permanent and temporary recruitment solutions to the Not for profit sector on a Not for Profit basis