Join a national medical research foundation to strategically develop and lead a donor engagement team and influence innovation and growth across the donor journey to directly impact cancer research.
- Fantastic senior leadership opportunity for a donor centric fundraising professional to influence a team and drive innovation to support cancer research across individual giving, major gifts, trusts and foundations, and bequests.
- Flexibility to work days from home, with a convenient Head Office location in the CBD
- Newly created opportunity, within a positive and collaborative team!
About the Role
Reporting to the CEO, The Head of Donor Engagement will be a donor centric, senior leader who brings a holistic donor strategy and operational plan to implement a comprehensive approach to cultivate on the donor journey across individual giving, major gifts, and bequests.
This role will have strategic influence across the organisation and will be responsible for sustainable income growth, which is tracking to increase over the next five years
- Oversee a broad portfolio including Major gifts, Bequests, Campaigns and Appeals
- Leadership of the Donor Engagement team, with strategic oversight over the supporter journey and aligned impact reporting across core fundraising areas
- Drive the implementation of a comprehensive approach to build on the donor journey by collaborating with the wider team through out the organisation to ensure consistent and comprehensive integration
- Develop and implement a clear strategy to significantly increase income through the development of existing and acquisition of new revenue streams
- Lead the team in implementing retention and upgrade strategies of existing relationships and assist in the identification of new opportunities
- Manage team progress, development, mentoring and ongoing leadership
- Develop relationships between donors and key internal stakeholders
- Oversee and report on the assigned income and expenditure budget, producing financial reports, monitoring income, preparing forecasts and accounting for variations in income
- Communicate with the CEO and senior stakeholders to provide monthly updates on how the team is tracking to outlined goals and forecasts
- Develop and maintain excellent working relations with internal and external stakeholders to maximise income generating potential
- Proven success as a donor centric fundraiser with demonstrated senior leadership experience, and a track record of success creating engagement strategies to directly impact individual giving, major gifts, trust and foundation or bequest portfolios
- Demonstrated experience planning and implementing strategies to strengthen the donor journey and to meeting operational and budget requirements
- Strong leadership experience, with a focus on developing your team and creating a work environment that promotes teamwork, transparency, excellence, innovation, and optimism
- Strong organisational and planning skills and demonstrated experience managing time-critical projects with financial targets and meeting or exceeding those targets
- The ability to collaborate with others throughout an organisation to strive for results while creating an enriching work environment
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to positively influence others, present information, and ideas in multiple forms
- Strong organisational and planning skills and demonstrated experience in successfully managing time-critical projects with financial targets and meeting or exceeding those targets
- A passion to make an impact on medical research across a national organisation
Beaumont People has been contracted to recruit this role, therefore please direct all queries to Rosheen at Beaumont People on firstname.lastname@example.org
Please apply as soon as possible, via the APPLY button, as applications will be reviewed on an immediate basis.