- Strategic communications opportunity with a change management focus
- Not-for-profit organisation
- Holistic approach to hearing & vision services for newborns, children & adults
NextSense, formerly Royal Institute for Deaf and Blind Children (RIDBC), supports people who are deaf, hard of hearing, blind or have low vision, to achieve their own goals and potential.
NextSense provides a holistic approach to hearing services for newborns through to people over 90 years old, and helps children who are blind or have low vision to develop the right skills, mobility and independence to confidently explore their world.
About the role
Having recently rebranded, this is an incredibly exciting time to lead on communications for this inspiring national NFP.
The Head of Communications is responsible for developing the overarching internal and external communications strategy for NextSense, integrating change management principles into the communications approach.
The Head of Communications will lead on the strategic development of the communications function and position NextSense as a key thought-leader and the leading service provider within the hearing and vision arena, as well as the wider disability, health, and education sector.
They will improve communications within NextSense; lead the team responsible for the tone of voice; co-own brand governance; manage media strategy and relations; own the crisis communications approach; provide guidance and support to the Senior Leadership Team (including the Chief Executive); and most importantly be an agent of change.
The Head of Communications will also be responsible for the communications and change approach for major organisational transformational change projects.
Skills and experience
- Tertiary qualifications in marketing, media, communications or similar
- Relevant senior level communications experience in a similar role
- Exceptional communications professional with outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in change management strategies that accelerate acceptance and sustainability of change
- Expert copy writer/proof-reader
- Proven ability to translate complex information into meaningful content for a variety of stakeholders
- Well-developed stakeholder management skills with the ability to influence at all levels
- Managing and developing of teams
Beaumont People has been contracted to recruit this role, therefore please direct all general enquiries to Rosheen Singh at Beaumont People on email@example.com.
Applicants can apply via the APPLY NOW button below.