- Key role coordinating MS Research Australia's grants programme
- Maintain and operate online grants application portal
- Wonderful organisation, great culture, based in North Sydney
The Grants Coordinator will coordinate MS Research Australia’s grants programme. You will be responsible for processing applications, coordinating the review process, seeking external reviewers and supporting the grant review panel.
About MS Research Australia
MS Research Australia is the largest not-for-profit organisation dedicated to funding, coordinating, educating and advocating for MS Research as part of the worldwide effort to find a cure for MS.
As a small team of individuals, made up of hard working people, it is just that – lots of hard work with a fun and collaborative team, to support national research into MS, investing millions into research since its establishment in 2004. Growing from strength to strength, in 2017 they were awarded the Telstra Australian Charity Award and the Telstra NSW Business of the Year.
The focus of the role
The Grants Coordinator, reporting to the Head of Research, will be responsible for coordinating the end to end processes of the grants programme. This includes preparing the online application platform for their multiple grant rounds, coordinating the application process, documentation and communications throughout the grant process as well as managing the online grants portal.
The Grants Coordinator will have an understanding and interest in the scientific research process and will have exceptional communication skills and attention to detail.
- Manage, develop and maintain the online grants application portal
- Via the online portal, manage the processing of all grant applications from submission through to post-decision processing and notification to applicants
- Source subject matter experts to act as peer reviewers for grant applications
- Manage the peer review rebuttal process with applicants
- Coordinate the grant review panels including close liaison with the chairs
- Provide information, data and reports to the reviewing panel and MS Research Australia management
- Coordinate grant progress reporting including communication with researchers to ensure they comply with all reporting obligations
- Assist with collating abstracts and scientific program for the biennial Research Conference
- Maintain details of all researchers and other relevant data on the CRM database
- Maintain and update all policies and process documents relating to the grant rounds
- Maintain all information related to grant rounds on the MS Research Australia website
Skills & Attributes
- Project management and high-level administrative experience
- Technical awareness and the ability to manage an online portal
- Database experience and data reporting skills
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to liaise at all levels
- Understanding of the scientific research process
- Understanding of the grant application and grant-making processes
How to apply
If this sounds like something that you would be interested in, please send a cover letter outlining your previous experience, how your skills and attributes meet the criteria and the reason for your application, along with your full resume.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received, please apply now.
If you have any further questions, please contact Rhonda Newman at firstname.lastname@example.org
There is no closing date for this role, all applications will be reviewed as they are received, and successful applicants will be contacted.
Beaumont People has been contracted to recruit this role on behalf of MS Research Australia, therefore all queries must be directed to Rhonda Newman at Beaumont People.