- Opportunity to work for a strong cause
- Based in Darlinghurst - short walk from Kings Cross train station
- 6 month contract!
This is an opportunity to work full-time for Research Australia, a dynamic leader in the health and medical research sector as a Government Relations Officer, working in a six month contract.
With at least two years’ experience, this person will focus on developing key political relationships needed to secure policy settings that enable Australian health and medical research to deliver the best possible healthcare and global leadership in health innovation.
Main responsibilities of the role:
- Help build a strong network of political contacts with state and federal governments
- Develop a rolling calendar of political engagement events for the year
- Identify and manage political engagement opportunities for leaders in the health and medical research sector
- Coordinate political events including invitations, speakers & speeches, pre and post event briefings
- Build on the organisation’s reputation as a trusted source of policy advice to Government and policy makers
- Research and analysis of policy issues relevant to the health and medical research sector
- Prepare briefs and other communications for key Ministers, backbenchers and departments, members and board directors
- Contribute to the organisation’s positioning as a leading voice in health policy advocacy
The right person will possess the following experience and qualifications:
- Completion of a relevant tertiary degree (political science or communications highly regarded)
- Two – three years’ experience working in a political setting, a government Department or an advocacy/not for profit organisation
- Strong written communications skills, including experience in drafting briefings and correspondence
- Strong oral communications skills, including the ability to negotiate and liaise with a wide range of stakeholders
- Project management skills and proven ability to manage competing deadlines
Above all, the right candidate will be confident, articulate and eager to contribute as part of a small team. You will bring with you the right skills, experience and most importantly, a positive, can do attitude.
How to apply
If this sounds like you and you are ready to add value and make a difference to a great organisation then send your application to me NOW!
All applications will be reviewed as they are received and successful applicants will be telephoned.
Beaumont People has been contracted to recruit this role. Beaumont NFP is a non-profit service specialising in delivering unparalleled permanent and temporary recruitment solutions to the Not for profit sector.