Part time role. This foundation has recently been established to secure funding to support the operations of a leading medical research institute based in Westmead. The institute focuses on research spanning infectious and immune diseases; cancer and leukaemia; liver and metabolic diseases; eye and brain related disorders and heart and respiratory disorders.
Reporting to the CEO you will work collaboratively to develop and manage the Gifts In Wills revenue stream, an essential element of the Development strategy. You will build strong and enduring relationships with key stakeholder groups, with a focus on pre-existing donors and members of the community with a strong connection to the cause and a desire to support through active alignment and with the intention of leaving a legacy.
This person will apply their well-developed relationship management skills to identify, evaluate and pursue Gifts in Wills prospects. You will relish the challenge of building relationships from the ground up, working closely with the CEO to implement a targeted Gifts in Wills engagement strategy.
- Key strategic role in a dynamic and young organisation
- Reporting to the CEO
- Great salary, Part Time, Westmead based
- develop and implement the organisation’s Gifts in Wills strategy
- develop strong relationships with individuals who have an interest in medical research
- conduct rigorous prospect research and identify priorities and opportunities
- develop strategies for the recruitment and retention of prospective, intending and confirmed Gifters
- manage donor stewardship strategies and steward donors to ensure long term commitment
- exceptional relationship management
- develop communication materials required for the Gifts in Wills program
- regular attendance at networking events to identify and develop relationships
- develop strategies across both acquisition and retention for supporters
- identifying and nurturing relationships through personal face to face, telephone and mail contact
- management of the Gifts in Wills pipeline, preparing and presenting reports to management to monitor the ongoing effectiveness of Gifts in Wills activity
- manage the revenue pipeline and budget, providing regular reporting to the CEO
- senior level relationship fundraising experience or commercial client relationship experience required
- proven ability to generate, retain and grown income by establishing successful long-term relationships
- proven ability to research, prospect and develop a donor or customer base
- experience in implementing a range of activities to cultivate and build relationships
- confidence and ability to engage with donors confidently, and ‘make the ask’ of potential donors for funding
- an ability to relate sensitively to a diverse range of people and to conduct face to face meetings with a diverse range of donors with different backgrounds and personalities
- excellent communication style and ability to engage in mature, emotionally intelligent conversation
- ability to display sensitivity, tact and discretion
- efficiency in administration and reporting
- ability to plan and manage multiple donors and opportunities at different stages of the development lifecycle
- you will be driven to work in a small organisation and thrive under pressure to deliver against tight timeframes with limited budget
Please apply as soon as possible as applications will be reviewed on an immediate basis.
Beaumont Not for Profit has been contracted to recruit this role. Beaumont NFP is a non-profit service specialising in delivering unparalleled permanent and temporary recruitment solutions to the Not for profit sector on a Not for Profit basis