Lead on the development of highly personalised and compelling fundraising communications with this cutting edge, national, medical research charity.
- National health charity making a huge impact in medical research
- Create diverse fundraising communications for a broad range of stakeholders
- Dynamic, innovative and collegiate Fundraising and Communications team
The Fundraising Communications Writer will develop and deliver highly personalised and compelling content and communications to support the growth in fundraising income.
The purpose of the role is to strengthen the retention of key supporters and will use personal stories to translate the value and potential impact of the research and need for continued funding and support.
- Development of the stakeholder engagement strategy to identify how and when internal and external stakeholders will be engaged and communicated with.
- Development of project timelines for all content and communications to be created.
- Develop content for fundraising for a range of channels and audiences to strengthen ongoing engagement with supporters, bequests, major givers, regular givers and corporate partners.
- Concept creation, interviews, writing, editing and proofing key fundraising appeal content and newsletters.
- Write bespoke major donor proposals to solicit income, strengthen ongoing relationships and to facilitate the acquisition of new major donors.
- Prepare tailored reports, proposals, case studies, toolkits or promotions for corporate partners.
- Develop reports, collateral, case studies or updates for bequest supporters to strengthen ongoing relationships.
- Work closely with the Research team to understand the research portfolio to effectively translate and communicate research challenges and achievements.
- Liaise with internal stakeholders to ensure fundraising content is accurate and brand aligned.
- Work directly with external stakeholders and suppliers on concept development and design of collateral as required.
- Outstanding written communication skills and experience across multiple channels such as direct marketing, web, print, email and social.
- Ability to write copy/tell a story that engages a lay audience around the important purpose of fundraising.
- Ability to identify and develop compelling stories and write targeted, strategic communications.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to liaise with people at all levels of an organisation.
- Very strong attention to detail and the ability to deliver quality work to tight deadlines.
- Ability to translate complex science/research and outcomes for lay audiences.
- Qualifications in communications or related areas highly desirable.
Beaumont People has been contracted to recruit this role on behalf of the client, therefore please direct all queries to Rosheen at Beaumont People on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please apply as soon as possible, via the APPLY button, as applications will be reviewed on an immediate basis.