Financial Planning & Analyst (FP&A)
About the organisation
Children’s Cancer Institute is the only medical research institute in Australia wholly dedicated to curing childhood cancer and one of the leading medical childhood cancer research institutes worldwide. Our vision is to save the lives of all children with cancer and improve their long-term health, we don’t just hope to do it, we will do it; and we’re looking for the brightest minds to help us get there.
Children’s Cancer Institute provides the best possible environment for our staff with state-of-the-art facilities at the Lowy Cancer Research Centre, UNSW Australia – one of the leading cancer research centres in the world.
As an experienced Financial Planning & Analyst, this is an exciting time to join the Finance team at CCI, to grow the function whilst supporting the new Finance system implementation project. You will work closely with the existing Financial Planning Analyst to shape the way forward, to support continued growth across the organisation and using new financial systems to drive efficient processes.
- Develop financial planning and analysis function
- Lead and align financial forecasts and medium-range planning processes with our business leaders
- Drive, design and deliver targeted analysis and financial/analytical counsel to facilitate decision-making around strategic initiatives
- Create, update, refine and take ownership of financial models and operational metrics
- Create and develop PowerBI dashboards to meet individual business unit needs
- Working with the Finance system project team, support the design, implementation and testing of the new Finance System
- Monitor performance indicators, highlighting trends and analysing causes of unexpected variances and communicate a cohesive and concise story around potential implications
- Coordinate consolidation of forecast, budget reporting and financial year end reporting
- Strong and current experience in Financial Planning and Analysis
- Professional qualifications (CA, CPA or MBA)
- Extensive financial modelling experience including building and maintaining complex working models
- Demonstrated experience creating Power BI reports that meet users’ needs
- Proven track record of effectively supporting executive level stakeholders in a fast-paced environment
To be successful in the role, you will be inquisitive by nature, with strong problem-solving skills and the ability to analyse complex data, evaluate and deliver strategic solutions across the business. You will be confident working independently, quickly identify areas of change, then design and implement solutions.
The Finance Team is a high performing team and function with their mission at the heart of what they do, you will have the opportunity to collaborate and contribute to working towards curing childhood cancer.
How to Apply
If this sounds like something that you would be interested in, please apply directly to the advertisement with your full resume. If you have any further questions, please contact Rhonda Newman at Beaumont People.
There is no closing date for this role, all applications will be reviewed as they are received, and successful applicants will be contacted.