A unique opportunity to join an award wining charity where their CEO has recently won 2018 NSW Outstanding Business Leader.
This permanent full time position is responsible for the finance function including the delivery of timely and accurate Financial and Management Reporting and for ensuring robust controls are in place to ensure compliance with policies and procedures as well as all legislative reporting requirements.
Tight cash flow management is a crucial part of this role as is annual budgeting, detailed variance analysis and monthly reforecasting. Advanced Excel skills are needed to meet these requirements including V-Lookup and Pivot Tables.
The Financial Controller reports to the Director of Operations, leads a small team of three and will also need to work closely with the CEO and the head of each division within the organisation. Building strong and productive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders is the key to the success of this position.
One of the key goals of the role is to optimise systems to streamline/simplify the reporting process.
To be successful, you will have the following essential criteria:
- You will be a CA/CPA qualified accountant who has had a minimum of five years hands on experience in a Finance Manager or Controller role.
- Demonstrated experience in a similar role
- Strong financial modelling skills (advanced Excel)
- Experience managing a small team
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills and be comfortable presenting at the senior executive level
- Hold a current Australian Passport or can prove Permanent Australian Residency
- Current Police Check or willingness to obtain one
- Strengthening finance as a business partner working with senior leaders to achieve organisational objectives
- A strong and engaged culture offering flexible working conditions
- Access to attractive Not-for-Profit salary packaging benefits
- Easily accessible by public transport located in the inner west
We are excited to hear from you. To request a full position description please email Liska Turner at email@example.com.
To submit an application please click APPLY. Applications will be assessed on receipt of a resume and a response to the essential criteria. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
The client is keen to make an appointment before Christmas for a late January 2019 start.
Beaumont Not-for-Profit has been retained to recruit this position so please direct all enquiries to Beaumont People.