- Report into an experienced Manager and take ownership in a newly restructured role
- Great location, passionate and driven team
- Contribute to an amazing cause in the for-purpose sector
About the organisation
hard heads, soft hearts, capable hands
AIEF was established in 2008 in response to community demand from Indigenous families who choose to enrol their children in boarding schools.
Bringing together the government and private sector, AIEF provides scholarship funding for Indigenous students to complete Year 12 or tertiary studies, with career support to help them make a successful transition to employment.
AIEF has grown from one scholarship student in 2008, to now supporting over 1,000 young Indigenous Australians from over 400 communities from every state and territory across Australia.
This role will report to the General Manager – Business Services and work alongside another member in the finance team, providing excellent customer service to internal stakeholders and work in a timely and accurate manner. You will be the right hand to the General Manager and support key finance functions.
Key responsibilities include:
- Support the finance team on an ad hoc basis as needed across: Accounts Payable, payroll processing, distribution of scholarship funds, travel arrangements and reporting, and credit card reconciliations
- Be responsible for Accounts Receivable functions from processing and invoicing of donations to reconciliations and reporting
- Maintenance of asset register and depreciation schedules
- Assist with Month End (bank reconciliations, general ledger reconciliations, BAS, and PAYG) as well as Month End reporting and variance analysis
- Preparing financial acquittal reports
- Preparing the year-end statutory accounts, and assist with the preparation of the annual report
- Ad-hoc analysis and reporting
- A positive attitude with a service-oriented mindset, be solutions-focused
- Attention to detail is crucial in this role
- High level written communication skills, be comfortable communicating with all levels of stakeholders
- Previous experience in a similar role is essential, relevant qualifications or qualifications by experience are a must-have
- Not for profit sector experience is ideal but not a must-have but you will need to have a passion or interest
- CPA qualified (or working towards)
- You will be required to undergo a National Criminal Record Check by the Australian Federal Police and a Working with Children Check
How to apply:
To be considered for this position please apply now with your resume.
Beaumont People has been retained to recruit this role on behalf of AIEF. Please direct all inquiries to Diana Linde at Beaumont People (email@example.com)
There is no closing date for this role, please apply as soon as possible as all applications will be reviewed as they are received.