The school is nestled among the green hills of the Byron Shire hinterland with 650 students from K to 12, playgroups, a registered Preschool as well as a working farm and Trade Skills Centre.
Shearwater provides a living, integrated education inspired by anthroposophy, in which a focus on the development of the whole human being is supported by a conscious connection to place and time. Their school environment is designed to cultivate every child’s inner life of imagination, creativity and enthusiasm for academic challenge and physical activity.
The Role of Finance Officer
Reporting directly to the Business Manager, the Finance Officer you will provide high level accounts support to staff, parents, and wider finance team. You will be responsible for all the general finance duties, accounts receivable and purchasing. You will structure and implement a purchasing framework across the school via ApprovalMax software.
- Accounts Receivable: setting up new payees, tracking outstanding fees.
- Building and maintaining trusting relationships with families.
- Respond to escalated debtor enquiries.
- Purchasing: Implement the new framework process across the school.
- General Accounting: Prepare, manage and oversee budgets.
- Accurate record keeping for audit preparations.
- Participate continuous improvement of business process initiatives.
- A Tertiary finance qualification.
- Advanced skills in Xero, Microsoft Office & Google Suite.
- Comfortable with Mac operating systems.
- Demonstrated experience in a similar role.
- Enthusiastic, collaborative team player.
- Confident working with strict deadlines and sensitive information.
Please send your up-to-date resume to email@example.com
Or call Anna Fry for a confidential discussion on 02 9133 9322.
Please note: Beaumont People have been engaged to manage this recruitment process, all enquiries must be directed as above. There is no closing date for this role, applications will be reviewed as they are received.
Your appointment will be subject to a satisfactory Working with Children Check as required under the Child Protection (Working With Children) Act 2012.
We look forward to hearing from you!