The Sydney Harbour Federation Trust is an operationally self-funding agency created by the Australian Government responsible for vision planning and management of Sydney Harbour sites.
The Harbour Trust’s vision for these sites to ensure they are integrated into the life of the city and create a lasting legacy for the people of Sydney and Australia. Sites that were for many years hidden away from public view are now open for all. These public spaces and parklands now offer major events, exhibitions, venue hire, accommodation, tours and business tenancy.
Reporting to the CFO you and your team are responsible for:
- All financial reporting including quarterly board reports, annual statutory accounts and monthly management reports including variance analysis and commentary for CFO and CEO
- Preparation of annual budgets
- Applying analytical skills to the Trust’s financial data to inform strategic thinking to meet current and future business outcomes
- Whole of business focus partnering with leaders across the business to support the Trust’s asset base including land, buildings, WIP, infrastructure, plant and equipment
- Ensuring organisation wide consistency of business practice around compliance with Commonwealth procurement rules
- Managing the implementation and review of new FMIS and Business Intelligence package
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and membership of a professional accounting body (such as CA, CPA & ICAA) or working towards such membership
- Outgoing leadership style and ability to build positive working relationships across the business
- Demonstrated extensive experience and expertise in financial management with demonstrated financial modelling experience
- Ability to prepare reports, policy and procedural documents
- Ability to oversee the review and implementation of an FMIS or ERP system
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively on financial matters to both internal and external stakeholders
- Highly developed leadership, influencing, negotiating and change management skills as well as relevant IT and systems knowledge
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations to Trust Members and staff
- Ability to supervise and train staff
- Generate workable solutions to complex accounting and systems issues
- High level project management skills
- Willing to undertake a Police Check
- Australian citizenship or the ability to work in Australia
- Experience in an organisation with large and varied asset holdings
- Experience with a variety of accounting systems
- Detailed understanding of and experience with the Australian Government’s budgeting Process, Financial Management Framework and IFRS
- Fabulous work place located at Georges Heights in Mosman
- The opportunity to influence the future direction of the role
- Use your professional skills to ensure the sustainability of a culturally significant entity
To request a full position description please email Liska Turner at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications need to include a current resume and a cover letter that demonstrates how you meet the ‘About You’ criteria.
Applications close 6 May 2018.
To submit an application please click APPLY. Applications will be assessed on receipt and shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
Beaumont Not-for-Profit has been retained to recruit this position so please direct all enquiries to Beaumont People.