The Housing Trust is a for purpose Tier 1 housing provider, supporting over 2500 residents on low to moderate incomes with their housing needs. The heart of Housing Trust is enriching lives by providing decent affordable homes, building communities and creating opportunities.
Reporting to the CEO and a member of the SLT you will lead the Assets and Property Services team. They are responsible for the optimisation, maintenance and strategic management of the Housing Trust’s portfolio of over 1,100 properties.
You are also an active participant in identifying development opportunities to increase the available stock of homes. This position will contribute to and inform the project management of potential and actual development opportunities with a variety of stakeholders, internal and external to the Housing Trust, including an external property development and project management partner.
The successful candidate will bring the following to the role:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications (such as building, project and/or program management).
- Substantial senior experience (minimum 5 years) in a similar senior role managing a diverse property portfolio and maintenance/service team.
- Experience in the community or public housing sectors or similar such as aged care, education or health and knowledge of regulatory, legal and or contractual obligations.
- Sound financial management capability including demonstrated ability to develop, implement, analyse and manage a budget for a planned and responsive works program for a large portfolio.
- Proven ability to lead and develop a team within a property setting to achieve customer and organisational goals.
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills to manage and negotiate significant contracts and to develop and maintain positive stakeholder engagement at all levels.
- Board visibility and the opportunity to influence strategy and growth
- Whole of business focus partnering with leaders across the business to ensure the long term sustainable future of Housing Trust
- Highly engaged, respectful and supportive culture
- Salary package includes access to salary packaging benefits
To request a full position description please email Liska Turner at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications need to include a current resume and a cover letter that addresses the Essential Criteria.
Applications close 20 March 2019.
To submit an application please click APPLY. Applications will be assessed on receipt and shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
Beaumont Not-for-Profit has been retained to recruit this position so please direct all enquiries to Beaumont People.