The Housing Trust is a for purpose Tier 1 housing provider, supporting over 2000 residents on low to moderate incomes with their housing needs. The heart of Housing Trust is enriching lives by providing homes, building communities and creating opportunities.
Reporting to the CEO and a member of the SLT you will lead the Property Services team. They are responsible for the maintenance and strategic management of the Housing Trust’s portfolio of over 1,100 properties.
Two key priorities for the first 12 to 18 months will be the successful delivery of the new 19/20 Maintenance Program which shifts focus to more planned maintenance and to lead and develop the Property Services Team to achieve strategic objectives.
In addition you will lead the procurement review, maintain and improve compliance reporting, formulate a longer term plan and vision for Assets and Property Services and continue to manage all operational matters and events.
The successful candidate will bring the following to the role:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications (such as building, project and/or program management).
- Substantial experience (minimum 5 years) in a similar senior role managing a diverse property portfolio and maintenance/service team.
- Experience within or a sound understanding of the community housing and or public housing sectors or similar such as aged care or health and knowledge of relevant legislation and other legal and or contractual obligations.
- Sound financial management capability including demonstrated ability to develop, implement, analyse and manage a budget for a planned works program for large residential portfolios.
- Proven ability to lead and develop a team within a property setting to achieve customer and organisational goals.
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills to manage and negotiate significant contracts and to develop and maintain positive stakeholder engagement at all levels.
- Board visibility and the opportunity to influence strategy
- Whole of business focus partnering with leaders across the business to ensure the long term sustainable future of Housing Trust
- Active staff engagement strategy
- Salary package includes access to salary packaging benefits
To request a full position description please email Liska Turner at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications need to include a current resume and a cover letter that addresses the Essential Criteria.
Applications close 19 May 2019.
To submit an application please click APPLY. Applications will be assessed on receipt and shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
This role is being re-advertised and previous applicants need not apply.
Beaumont Not-for-Profit has been retained to recruit this position so please direct all enquiries to Beaumont People.