6 Month Contract with possible extension
$90/95k + Super
About the Company
The NSW Bar (Barrister) Association provides over 2000 members with a variety of services and benefits which help them to promote their skills and experience.
About the Role
As the Events Manager, you will be responsible for the end to end organisation, pre-planning, event logistics and on-site execution for all NSW corporate events. You will play an integral part in organising the annual conference in conjunction with the National Bar Association.
The NSW Bar Association organises over 40 events per year ranging in attendance from 20 to 650 people. Most of these events are held outside regular office hours. All events are managed in-house by an Events Coordinator.
You will be responsible for mentoring and training the Events Coordinator in everything events! From full event organisation, contract and quote negotiating, budget management, sponsorships, event styling and managing a diverse group of professional stakeholders.
This is a 6-month contract, however, an opportunity for extension may be available.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Event project management - managing a range of events from conception to reconciliation, including scheduling, pre-event planning, budget management, event logistics and execution on-site including the management of speakers, suppliers and staff
- Event planning and reporting, including event proposals, financial management and analysis of events
- Contract management, including venues and event suppliers as well as sponsorship contracts and stakeholder management
- Train and mentor the Events Coordinator all aspects of event management
To be successful you will have:
- Events management experience specialising in corporate events
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- The ability to work autonomously, make decisions and work to tight deadlines
- Proven ability to work on multiple events, be adaptable, assertive and multi-task in a busy environment
- Experience in managing budgets, sponsorship proposals and negotiating quotes
If you feel you meet the above criteria please APPLY now! Alternatively, contact Louise on 02 9093 4925 for more information.
Beaumont People specialises in all areas of NFP recruitment including memberships, fundraising and corporate partnerships