About the Company
The NSW Bar (Barrister) Association provides over 2000 members with a variety of services and benefits which help them to promote their skills and experience as advocates to prospective clients, better manage their practice and foster a sense of collegiality.
About the Role
As the Events Manager you will be responsible for the end to end organisation, pre planning, event logistics and on-site execution for all NSW corporate events including the annual conference (in conjunction with the National Bar Ass), dinners, luncheons, cocktail parties, CPD and training, networking and charity functions.
The NSW Bar Association organises over 40 events per year ranging in attendance from 20 to 650 people. Most of these events are held outside regular office hours. All events are managed in-house (by you) and as such your responsibilities will range from full event organisation, quotes and budgeting, sponsorships and last minute dinner requests.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Event project management - managing a range of events from conception to reconciliation, including scheduling, pre-event planning, budget management, event logistics and execution on-site including the management of speakers, suppliers and staff
- Event planning and reporting, including event proposals, financial management and analysis of event
- Contract management, including venues and event suppliers as well as sponsorship contracts and stakeholder management
- Manage all events in association with Professional Development Department, the Bar Council, Executives and Committees
- Develop, update and maintain event collateral and website marketing and communications
To be successful you will have:
- Events management experience specialising in corporate events
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience and understanding of NFP membership organisations
- The ability to work autonomously, make decisions and work to tight deadlines
- Proven ability to work on multiple events, be adaptable, assertive and multi-task in a busy environment
- Experience in managing budgets, sponsorship proposals and negotiating quotes
- Be proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
If you feel you meet the above criteria please APPLY now! Alternatively, contact Louise on 02 9093 4925 for more information.
Beaumont People specialises in all areas of NFP recruitment including memberships, fundraising and corporate partnerships