- Exciting opportunity to manage a portfolio of fundraising events end to end
- Work for a passionate team on a trajectory of growth as they continue to raise funds for vital cancer research
- Based in Frenchs Forest with flexibility to work from home
Through their magical, challenging, and inspirational events, Tour de Cure raises vital funds to support the boldest research, the most talented scientists and the ground-breaking projects that will have the biggest impact in the fight to cure cancer.
From humble beginnings in 2007, the Tour de Cure community has grown to become a national movement of thousands of people, walking, running, riding and swimming to raise awareness and inspire support in the dream of a world without cancer.
About the Role:
The Events Manager will be hands-on and proactive working within a small team to execute a yearly program of national fundraising events, ensuring supporters of this incredible charity have a great experience.
This role will have direct responsibility for a portfolio of physical events (rides, walks and runs) from concept through to delivery. This includes management of logistics, relationship management and post event analysis and reporting.
The successful candidate must create event plans that create safe environments, develop participation and community involvement, maximise use of a volunteer workforce and drive revenue for the organisation so that they can continue to fund cancer research and save lives!
About the Person:
The ideal candidate for this position must demonstrate strong skills in project management and be accomplished in managing multiple competing and complex priorities at any one time. You must enjoy variety and have experience managing stakeholder relationships, including suppliers, volunteers, and event participants. The role requires an individual to bring a positive attitude to a high performing, passionate team.
You must have a strong desire to work for a purpose driven organisation and demonstrate Tour de Cure’s values; courage, achieve, respect, inclusive, nurturing, growing.
- Deliver multiple events (walks, runs and cycles) through quality project management
- Identify and deliver best practices to streamline event activities and procedures to increase efficiencies
- Manage the budgets and finances to ensure that they stay within the agreed expenditure
- Execute quality event research and conduct site visits where necessary
- Pre-tour planning including; identifying, sourcing, recruitment of, or booking of all resources required for each event. Including external stakeholders, infrastructure, equipment, and external expertise suppliers
- Build quality briefs and deliver quality briefing sessions for your support crew and volunteers on the events
- Create and maintain runsheets, maps, event documents and event tools for the successful execution of events
- Maintain accurate files and collection of data
- Build and maintain strong relationships with suppliers and industry bodies
- Close off all events – logistics, budgets, and reports
- Previous experience as an Events Manager and/or Events Coordinator
- A background in delivering events end to end
- High level project management skills
- Ability to partner and engage with internal and external stakeholders
- Proven experience working with CRM’s and the Microsoft Office suite including Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Self-motivated to work autonomously and collaboratively as part of a team
- A real passion to work for a charity that is making a difference
Please apply as soon as possible as applications will be reviewed on an immediate basis.
Beaumont Not for Profit has been contracted to recruit this role therefore please direct all enquiries to Kristina Lesko at Beaumont People on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02 9093 4911.
Beaumont NFP is a non-profit service specialising in delivering unparalleled permanent and temporary recruitment solutions to the Not for profit sector on a Not for Profit basis