- Based in North Ryde, Sydney
- Operational focus, no individual financial revenue targets
- Competitive salary with free onsite parking
About the organisation
Dementia Australia is the new voice of Alzheimer’s Australia - a unified, national peak body for people, of all ages, living with all forms of dementia, their families and carers. They advocate for the needs of people living with all types of dementia, their families and their carers, and provide essential support services, education and information.
Reporting to the National Fundraising Events Manager you will be responsible for the coordination and delivery all operational aspects of Dementia Australia’s national fundraising events with a particular focus on the Memory Walk & Jog series in approximately 10 locations throughout Australia.
While your role does not carry individual fundraising revenue targets, the primary purpose of events is to generate fundraising income. Hence you will work in close collaboration with the wider fundraising team to help develop ways to increase fundraising income in the short and long term and will be responsible for ensuring all fundraising events are run to the highest possible standards in line with Dementia Australia’s brand.
- Assist in the organisation of all elements of the Memory Walk & Jog series and other flagship events, such as Golf Days and Galas, from planning and on-the-day operation through to post-event evaluation.
- Coordinate the logistical setup, volunteer coordination and information, guerrilla marketing, banner placement, entertainment and group warm ups.
- Foster and maintain relationships with existing and prospective event supporters.
- Ensure production timelines are adhered to.
- Maintain tidy and logical filing systems.
- Assist with maintaining content on the fundraising platforms linked with www.memorywalk.com.au
- Assist the team to maintain exceptional standards of customer care
- Work with the volunteer coordinator to source volunteers to assist with administrative duties such as:
- Database research.
- Collating event packs and mail outs.
- Assistance with pre event activities and promotion.
- Assist with out of hours and weekend promotional work.
Skills, Experience and Attributes
- You will need to be able to demonstrate previous event management experience, preferably in a not-for-profit environment or have a genuine interest in the charity sector, fundraising and/or events*
- Have excellent attention to detail, verbal & written communication skills, well-developed interpersonal and relationship building skills as well as high level administration and organisational skills*
- Demonstrated project management skills and the ability to work in a high-performance environment, managing multiple tasks with defined budgets and conflicting deadlines*
- Able to cope with pressures associated with events and tight timelines in a calm and methodical manner*
- Availability and willingness to work some weekends / nights as required*
- Able to healthily manage the physicality of event bump in and bump out*
- Strong numeric skills and budget understanding
- Be highly competent with Microsoft Office and Adobe edit suite products
- Valid NSW Driver’s license*
- Current Senior First Aid certificate
Please apply online with a covering letter and resume outlining your interest and suitability. For more information call Christina Enotiades, Beaumont People on 02 9279 2777.