- Events Assistant
- $55k plus super
- North Sydney location
- Full Time, Permanent
The National Industry Association for Insurance Brokers in Australia (NIBA) is the peak body for insurance broking profession. The organisation is a driving force for change in the industry. NIBA’s members include large multi-national insurance broking firms as well as small insurance broking firms from the cities, towns and regions across Australia.
NIBA’s main activities include:
- representing the interests of its members to governments, regulators and media
- a national Convention held in September or October each year.
- a range of industry seminars, events, and awards lunches.
- an industry magazine
- a mentoring program for Young Professionals
The Events Assistant will support the Events Manager in organising and coordinating all aspects of events, inclusive of face-to-face, virtual and hybrid events. The events range from corporate to small to large seminars, workshops, gala lunches, mentoring and awards program, and the annual convention.
About the Candidate:
The ideal candidate will have strong organisation, project management and communication skills. You will be analytical, logical and demonstrate technical capabilities to manage hybrid event.
You will be working in a small team so you must be proactive, forward-thinking and willing to roll up your sleeves and get involved in other areas of the business as required.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Support and assist the events manager in coordinating and organising all events
- Liaise with third parties including suppliers, client companies and venues
- Refine, format and compile event and supplier proposals
- Conduct venue research and comparison
- Assist in creating and publicising the event/programs
- Manage travel bookings for speakers, photographers and staff
- Maintain the NIBA website
- Monitoring registrations and taking appropriate action such as: sending reminders and refund processing
- Supporting with administrative duties and Ad-hoc duties
- Strong organisation and project management skills
- Excellent attention to detail whilst being innovative, driven and creative
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- A keen interest in learning and developing professional skills
- A can do attitude
- Previous experience in events and/or working in a member association is highly desirable
If so, APPLY Now
Alternatively, call Alyssa and Louise on 02 9093 4925 for more information.
Beaumont People specialises in all areas of NFP recruitment including memberships, fundraising and corporate partnerships.