Events, Membership and Communications Part Time position for the New South Wales Chapter of the Australian Institute of Project Management. North Sydney location. Supportive and collaborative team - engage with multiple stakeholders across NSW.
About the client:
The Australian Institute of Project Management (AIPM) is the peak body for project management in Australia. With over 9,000 members, they are recognised by Australian business, industry and government as the key promoter, developer and leader in project management professionalism.
About the role:
Reporting to the National Manager, Member Engagement, AIPM is looking for an individual with strong communication and administration skills with previous stakeholder management experience to join their team as the Member Relations Officer (MRO) for New South Wales.
This role is part-time 4 days a week with the potential to extend to 5 days as membership grows. The role is primarily based in the North Sydney office but has the flexibility to work from home up to 2 days a week.
The MRO role is supported by Chapter Council volunteers, in an advisory capacity, with regards to:
- Event topics and speakers;
- Member services, member recruitment and retention and member grade matters;
- Projects and initiatives aimed at engaging with segments of the membership; and
- The general conduct of the Chapter, including AIPM projects and professional advancement initiatives.
As well as providing administrative and marketing support to the Chapter, this position plays an important role in the attraction and retention of members to AIPM. There is an expectation of a high level of collaboration between our membership, Chapter Councillors and the AIPM management and staff.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Answer enquiries either via phone or email relating to AIPM membership
- Engage with members to identify membership retention and growth opportunities
- Liaise with the Chapter to develop and implement the NSW event program
- Coordinate the end to end logistics of the events including vendor and speaker liaison
- Provide general secretariat support to Chapter Council meetings
- Collaborate with the Chapter Council and the Marketing and Communications team to deliver targeted member communications
To be successful you will have:
- Ability to build and develop effective relationships
- Previous experience or understanding of project management/events
- Previous experience using CRM tools
- Ability to operate autonomously and as part of a remote based national team
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
If you feel you meet the above criteria and can manage multiple deadlines and can take initiative, then please APPLY now! Alternatively, contact Mariana or Louise on 02 9093 4925 for more information.
Beaumont People specialises in all areas of NFP recruitment including memberships, fundraising and corporate partnerships.