Events and Administration Coordinator
- Opportunity to kick start your career in events management working for an inspiring charity
- Passionate team on a trajectory of growth as they continue to raise funds for vital cancer research
- Based In Frenchs Forest with flexibility to work from home
Through their magical, challenging, and inspirational events, Tour de Cure raises vital funds to support the boldest research, the most talented scientists and the ground-breaking projects that will have the biggest impact in the fight to cure cancer.
From humble beginnings in 2007, the Tour de Cure community has grown to become a national movement of thousands of people, walking, running, riding and swimming to raise awareness and inspire support in the dream of a world without cancer.
About the Role:
Tour de Cure are on the hunt for an enthusiastic Events and Administration Coordinator to join their small yet energetic team. In collaboration with the Senior Events Manager and Events Managers you will coordinate, source, book and deliver logistical components of physical fundraising events (rides, walks and runs.) This role will also provide administration support to the team across multiple events and projects.
This position is fantastic for an eager individual who is wanting to get involved in the execution of events under the mentorship of experienced event professionals. As this person grows in the role so too will the responsibilities and duties.
About the Person:
This is a great opportunity for a highly organised and self-motivated individual with a real interest in pursuing a career in event management. You will be a team player wanting to work collaboratively to achieve results.
It is also crucial that you can demonstrate Tour de Cure’s values which are; courage, achieve, respect, inclusive, nurturing, growing.
- Support with event logistics, activations, and experiential components
- Work together with the Senior Events Manager to monitor and manage all financial expenditure in relation to the approved budget
- Work together with the Senior Events Manager and Events Managers to deliver events using project management tools
- Execute event research and conduct site visits where necessary
- Pre-tour planning including; identifying, sourcing, recruitment of, or booking of all resources required for each event. This may include external stakeholders, infrastructure, equipment, and external expertise suppliers
- Assist in creating briefs for the support crew and volunteers of the events
- Create and edit the run sheets, maps, event documents and event tools for the successful execution of events
- Assist in creating planning documents to obtain permits and permissions for the events
- Maintain accurate files and ensure data is accurately maintained
- Work with the team to close off all events, including logistics, budget and reports
- Perform ad-hoc administrative duties to support the events team where necessary
- Interest in pursuing a career in events
- A degree in event management is desirable
- A desire to develop and learn new skills including logistics and project planning
- Ability to work autonomously and collaboratively with a team
- A commitment in wanting to make a difference and work for a for-purpose organisation
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail
Please apply as soon as possible as applications will be reviewed on an immediate basis.
Beaumont Not for Profit has been contracted to recruit this role therefore please direct all enquiries to Kristina Lesko at Beaumont People on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02 9093 4911.
Beaumont NFP is a non-profit service specialising in delivering unparalleled permanent and temporary recruitment solutions to the Not for profit sector on a Not for Profit basis