DONOR RELATIONS MANAGER
Leading children’s charity seeks Donor Relations Manager with exceptional relationship management skills to drive engagement with donors.
- Part time (21-30 hours per week) Donor Relations role based in St. Leonards, Sydney
- Outstanding opportunity to join a passionate and ambitious children’s charity
- Competitive salary
- Parking on site
- 6 weeks annual leave
Variety - the Children’s Charity is a national not-for-profit organisation committed to empowering Australian children who are sick, disadvantaged or have special needs to live, laugh and learn. By giving practical equipment, programs and experiences, Variety helps children in need to overcome whatever obstacles they face and live life to the fullest – simply put, Variety helps kids be kids.
Established in Australia nearly 40 years ago, this inspirational organisation has helped to enrich the lives of tens of thousands of children in need.
Reporting to the Head of Philanthropy & Strategic Partnerships, the Donor Relations Manager will be responsible for acquiring, retaining and stewarding relationships with donors to maximise income from major gifts and bequests.
This is an exceptional opportunity that will be responsible for developing and overseeing Variety NSW/ACT’s recognition strategy, (working closely with National Database Manager, responsible for creating effective donor mechanisms in support of the vision and mission of Variety NSW/ACT.
- Develop and oversee Variety’s recognition strategy for donors
- Identify donors to take on donor journey, analysing data and developing effective donor processes
- Forge long term beneficial relationships with donors, generate revenue from individuals including private trusts and foundations
- Work collaboratively with all internal and external contacts to promote donor relations
- Develop presentations and proposals to showcase donor opportunities.
- Provide support and advice to all stakeholders, monitor outcomes
- Work collaboratively with all internal and external contacts and stakeholders to maintain effective communication.
- Forge long-term mutually beneficial relationships, develop presentations and proposals to show-case fundraising.
Skills & Attributes
- Experience in major donor management in the not-for-profit sector
- Passion for making a difference to Australian kids and their families
- Demonstrated ability to develop and retain strategic relationships
- Strong people skills with the experience of inspiring and motivating new and existing donors
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to negotiate, be persuasive and develop trust and maintain flourishing working relationships
- Values led, authentic, genuine, dynamic and focussed with high levels of integrity and an ability to maintain confidentiality
- Knowledge and understanding of children’s issues and NDIS highly desirable
- An ability to multi-task both independently and as a part of a team
- Ability to multi-task both independently and as a part of a team
- An entrepreneurial and innovative approach with an ability to identify and act upon opportunities
- Current NSW Drivers license- must have access to own vehicle
This role offers the opportunity to work in an inspiring and positive environment. You will have the satisfaction of knowing that your work has a real impact on children and families across Australia.
Don’t delay! To be considered for this exciting opportunity please send a covering letter and up-to-date resume to Christina@beaumontpeople.com.au