- North Ryde, Sydney location, parking available
- Key new donor engagement role in events and fundraising team
- Develop your career in a charity
About the organisation
Dementia Australia is the new voice of Alzheimer’s Australia - a unified, national peak body for people, of all ages, living with all forms of dementia, their families and carers.
They advocate for the needs of people living with all types of dementia, and for their families and carers, and provide support services, education and information.
You will be responsible for delivering the highest standard of customer service to all valued donors and the general public that are engaged in fundraising activities for Dementia Australia, especially focusing on Memory Walk & Jog and Thinko! Campaigns.
- Provide exceptional customer service and donor care to all supporters who fundraise
- Respond to all supporters’ enquiries in a friendly and responsive manner and offer expert guidance to our new donors
- Coordinate all inbound communication via multiple platforms including the fundraising hotline, SMS, general enquiries and event registrations
- Assist the broader fundraising team to develop engaging scripts and facilitate all outbound phone calls to past and current donors
- Recruit, train and inspire volunteers to become charity champions for certain fundraising campaigns
- Track results and compile reports of all incoming and outbound donor communications and administration tasks
- Provide regular feedback to our donors about our fundraising campaigns and the services we are delivering nationally
- Adapt strategic plans to achieve fundraising targets
- Work closely with the volunteer coordinator to utilise volunteer man-power for mass promotion
Skills & Attributes
- Tertiary qualifications in Fundraising or Events is desirable but not essential
- Strong experience in a customer service, telephone sales/support role
- Excellent written and interpersonal skills
- Experienced in cold calling or establishing the 1st touch point
- Compassionate and empathetic approach on the phone
Strong team environment, passionate, collaborative, hardworking, positive, committed to results
You will have the satisfaction of knowing that your work has a real impact on families across Australia.
- Opportunities for professional development
- New, unified organisation
- Salary packaging available
- Flexible environment
Don’t delay! Please apply online as soon as possible as applications will be reviewed on an immediate basis.
Beaumont People Not for Profit has been contracted to recruit this role. Beaumont People NFP specialise in delivering unparalleled permanent and temporary recruitment solutions to the Not for profit sector.