$150k + super FTE
PART TIME for The Australian Rheumatology Association. Reporting to the Board.
About the ARA:
The Australian Rheumatology Association (ARA) supports and educates members and other practitioners in the musculoskeletal field to enable provision of best possible management for patients.
It fosters excellence in the diagnosis and management of musculoskeletal and inflammatory conditions through training, professional development, research and advocacy.
About the role:
ARA are looking for an experienced individual who will be responsible for advising, developing and implementing ARA’s strategies, initiatives and campaigns Associated with Policy, Advocacy and Engagement.
The role is initially a part-time role - three days per week with provision for expansion and flexible working. This role has no direct reports.
Practical knowledge of the Australian government and health systems structures and policy processes are essential.
Duties include but are not limited to:
Policy, Advocacy & Engagement
- Manage ARA’s policy development on key regulatory issues
- Research, consult and write evidence-based policies on medical issues
- Participate in the provision of rapid response to health issues as they arise
- Prepare submissions, reports, funding applications and other documents as required
- Develop and implement advocacy strategies and campaigns to support ARA policy priorities
- Engage the ARA membership with the policy and advocacy initiatives
- Provide timely advice, information and advocacy support to the Board
- Manage relationships with external bodies including associated member organisations, government and medical networks
- Experience in leading the development and implementation of evidence-based advocacy strategies in the Australian policy context
- Demonstrated experience in translating research into policy in order to promote informed decision making
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Excellent networking and stakeholder management skills
- Strong ability to multitask and project manage
- Experience in organisational or project-based budget setting and management
- Provide high level strategic advice and support to Board and its committees
- Well-developed influencing, negotiation, conflict resolution and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated strong interest and expertise in the area of policy, advocacy and engagement with the medical or health profession
- Experience in organisational financial management and revenue growth.
- Identify and advise on the annual budget and monthly reporting against budget
- Identify means for revenue generation for the ARA
Alternatively, contact Mariana or Louise on 02 9093 4925 for more information.
Closing date for applications is Monday 19th March at 9am.
Beaumont People specialises in all areas of NFP recruitment including memberships, fundraising and corporate partnerships.