ACON is a fiercely proud community organisation, unique in their connection to their community and in their role as an authentic and respected voice. They create opportunities for their communities to live their healthiest lives. They strive to be a global leader in community health, inclusion and HIV responses for people of diverse sexualities and genders.
Reporting directly to the CEO, the Director of Corporate Services is a member of the Senior Leadership Team and a management representative at the Board and Finance & Audit Committee Meetings.
This position is responsible for providing the strategic and operational leadership of the organisation’s corporate services functions including Finance, Compliance and Risk, Facilities, Human Resources, Front of House operations, Information Technology and Commercial Services.
A pivotal role in the organisation with a true whole of business focus you will provide strong and effective people leadership and you will bring the following skills to the role.
- At least 10 years progressive experience in financial, human resource, administration and/or facilities management, with at least 5 years of that experience as a Manager, preferably in a community organisation context.
- CPA/ACA and a tertiary degree in public or business administration, management, finance or another relevant field. MBA would be highly regarded.
- Experience in financial management including accounts management, budgeting, and forecasting, financial reporting and audit compliance.
- Experience of managing facilities and services for a medium-sized organisation.
- Superior project management expertise.
- Proven ability to organise, administer, prioritise and meet deadlines, in particular when there are competing demands and contracted timeframes and the requirement to delegate.
- Understanding of and commitment to ACON’s communities.
- Systems implementation and change management experience are desirable.
- A demonstrated working knowledge of the not for profit sector and strong working relationships within the sector.
To request a full position description please email Liska Turner at email@example.com.
Applications need to include a current resume and a cover letter that addresses the Essential Criteria.
Applications close 28 April 2019.
To submit an application please click APPLY. Applications will be assessed on receipt and shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
Beaumont Not-for-Profit has been retained to recruit this position so please direct all enquiries to Beaumont People.