About the Organisation:
Taronga is one of Sydney’s original iconic institutions with a rich and diverse history and a very bright future. With Conservation Programs spanning Wildlife, Science & Research and Environmental Sustainability from our Oceans, Forests and the Savannah to the Australian Bush, the team at Taronga believe in a world that we can share, a world where all our wild species can make a comeback. And they believe that for this future to become a reality, one species must lead us there....ours.
We are currently seeking an experienced Direct Marketing professional to join the Fundraising and Membership team to develop and drive the acquisition and retention of individual cash donations and Taronga’s popular animal adoption program, Zoo Parents.
This role is integral to the overall success of the fundraising team, working alongside two other established DM team members and benefits from an additional DM team resource to assist you and one other.
The role includes:
- Implementation of marketing strategies for acquiring cost effective new supporters through a variety of channels, including online and via direct mail
- Enhancement of the supporter journey and maximization of the retention of existing supporters with the objective of increasing their lifetime values to Taronga; and
- Managing project budgets and meeting revenue, acquisition and retention targets
- At least 2 years minimum experience working in a fast paced Direct Marketing role across acquisition and retention with a strong focus on ROI
- Strong CRM and analytical skills
- Ideally suited to somebody with experience in a not-for-profit / charity environment (but not essential) coupled with ambition to grow and develop your professional DM skills
- Tertiary qualifications in marketing, communications or related discipline, or an equivalent combination of knowledge, skills and experience
- Planning, coordinating and implementing multiple projects simultaneously
- Managing costs and expenses whilst maximising and achieving outcomes
- Working cooperatively across the organisation to achieve mutually beneficial outcomes.
Please apply online with a covering letter and resume outlining your interest and suitability. For more information call Janine Birch, Senior Consultant, Beaumont People on 02 9093 4911.