Manage, develop & grow Direct Marketing fundraising channels as part of a passionate wider team.
Full Job Description
- Well respected and established national charity
- Based in Lewisham, close to public transport
- Competitive Salary + Packaging + Phone Allowance
- 5 weeks annual leave
The St Vincent de Paul Society is one of the largest charitable providers in Australia today, helping people in every area of human need. In NSW there are over 633 adult and youth member groups, over 250 Vinnies Shops, over 100 special works and programs. The Society's dedicated members and volunteers conduct visits every week bringing comfort, dignity and hope to people experiencing disadvantage in their homes, schools, prisons and communities. The organisation offers a 'hand up' to people in need through respecting their dignity, sharing hope and encouraging them to take control of their own destiny.
Reporting to the Executive Director, Fundraising & Communications, the Direct Marketing Manager oversees 2 coordinators and sits within a well-established, passionate and talented wider fundraising team.
This role focuses on increasing revenue and building the supporter base. This will be done by working closely with the internal team and with external agencies to create, implement & manage all appeals. As Direct Marketing Manager you will be responsible for appeals, acquisition, retention & regular giving strategies for the organisation.
- Develop annual appeals, regular giving, acquisition & retention strategies
- Lead & implement all cultivation activities using direct mail, digital and tele-fundraising
- Developing the donor life cycle strategy
- Provide leadership and guidance, working closely with the Major Gifts Manager to identify prospects
- Work closely with digital marketing team to ensure all strategies are implemented across all digital outlets
- Manage relevant agency relationships
- Represent NSW on National Working Groups
- Financial responsibility includes setting & meeting department objectives, evaluating results & monthly reporting
Your skills and attributes:
- Extensive experience leading a direct marketing program
- Ideally demonstrated success managing large value DM appeals in the NFP sector
- Experience developing, implementing, and evaluating multifaceted strategic marketing plans and programs
- Well-developed data analysis skills
- Familiar with newer digital & social technologies
- Extensive experience managing acquisition, retention and customer/donor journey programs
- Experience in managing fundraising databases.
- Excellent communications, public speaking, presentation, mediation and negotiation skills.
- Willingness to effectively develop, manage & motivate a team
If you would like a discussion about this exciting role, please call Christina on 02 9279 2777 or press and attach your resume and covering letter
All enquiries will be treated with the strictest confidence.