Taronga is one of Sydney’s original iconic institutions with a rich and diverse history and a very bright future. With Conservation Programs spanning Wildlife, Science & Research and Environmental Sustainability from our Oceans, Forests and the Savannah to the Australian Bush, the team at Taronga believe in a world that we can share, a world where all our wild species can make a comeback. And they believe that for this future to become a reality, one species must lead us there....ours.
We are currently seeking an experienced Direct Marketing Manager who will oversee the development, delivery, execution and growth of sustainable revenues streams through a multi-faceted direct marketing, donor development and online marketing program in line with Taronga’s vision and strategy.
With responsibility for a team of seven high performing team members and a budget of $4.5 in 18/19 ($30M over the next 5 years) the position reports to a warm and inspiring Head of Fundraising and Membership and affords ample opportunities to develop new ideas, harness creativity and embrace innovation. Direct reports include Direct Marketing Coordinators x 3, Bequest Coordinator, Database Coordinator and Supporter Services Officers x 2.
- Develop and implement marketing strategies for acquiring cost effective new supporters through a variety of different media such as face to face, on-line, direct mail, telemarketing, recruiting a range of donors such as the Cash Supporters, Zoo Parents and Regular Givers
- Develop and implement strategies to maximise income from the bequest program, increasing the number and value of confirmed bequestors and building a strong bequest community
- Develop strategies to enhance the supporter journey and maximise the retention of existing supporters with the objective of increasing their lifetime values to the Society
- Managing the in-ground presence for the Taronga Foundation to drive contributions from donation boxes, zoo guide book and other in-ground/face to face fundraising activities
- Maximise supporter relationships – Maintain excellence in supporter relationships to retain and increase value from supporters across the portfolio of products. Develop, recommend and oversee implementation of strategies to retain and increase support, including through telephone and online channels
- Maximise the use of and manage the supporter data within the ThankQ database, ensuring data integrity and best guidelines are adhered to
- Manage the associated budgets with the above areas, including the preparation of fundraising program budgets. Ensure the effective financial management of the Fundraising budget. Ensure the efficient planning, monitoring and management of acquisition and retention campaigns budgets and reporting
- Manage, lead and develop a team to meet targets across all aspects of acquisition and retention of supporters across a range of areas and products including Cash Supporters, Zoo Parents and Regular Givers
- Working with the Major Gifts Manager, Events Manager, Corporate Sponsorship Manager and Head of Fundraising to identify key Cash Supporters, Zoo Parents, Regular Givers, Zoo Friends suitable for cross selling opportunities across the Society, such as major gift solicitation and bequests
- Extensive experience in direct marketing or fundraising, ideally in a similar role.
- Proven experience in achieving revenue targets, preferably in the fundraising area, on time, within budget and within brand guidelines
- Proven experience delivering cost effective growth and reducing attrition rates
- A strong leader with excellent stakeholder and people management skills
- Possess a growth mind-set, continually seeks opportunities for improvement / optimisation
Submit your interest online without delay or for more information call Janine Birch, Senior Consultant, Beaumont People on 02 9093 4911.