About the Organisation:
Taronga is one of Sydney’s original iconic institutions with a rich and diverse history and a very bright future. With Conservation Programs spanning Wildlife, Science & Research and Environmental Sustainability from our Oceans, Forests and the Savannah to the Australian Bush, the team at Taronga believe in a world that we can share, a world where all our wild species can make a comeback. And they believe that for this future to become a reality, one species must lead us there....ours.
We are currently seeking an enthusiastic Direct Marketer to join Taronga's high performing Direct Marketing team. Your role will focus on managing and growing Taronga's supporter base via fundraising appeals and Taronga’s popular animal adoption program, Zoo Parents and encompasses both high volume acquisition and retention activities (B2C).
This role is integral to the overall success of the fundraising team and works closely with the Direct Marketing Manager, x 2 Direct Marketing Coordinators, a Bequest Coordinator, Database Coordinator and x 2 Supporter Services team members in a fun, supportive and collaborative environment.
The role includes:
- Implementation of marketing strategies for acquiring cost effective new supporters through a variety of channels, including online and via direct mail
- Enhancement of the supporter journey and maximization of the retention of existing supporters with the objective of increasing their lifetime values to Taronga; and
- Managing project budgets and meeting revenue, acquisition and retention targets
- At least 2 years minimum experience working in a fast paced Direct Marketing role across acquisition and retention with a strong focus on ROI
- Strong CRM and analytical skills
- Ideally suited to somebody with experience in a not-for-profit / charity environment (but not essential) coupled with ambition to grow and develop your professional DM skills
- Tertiary qualifications in marketing, communications or related discipline, or an equivalent combination of knowledge, skills and experience
Please apply online with a covering letter and resume outlining your interest and suitability.