Taronga is one of Sydney’s original iconic institutions with a rich and diverse history and a very bright future. With Conservation Programs spanning Wildlife, Science & Research and Environmental Sustainability from our Oceans, Forests and the Savannah to the Australian Bush, the team at Taronga believe in a world that we can share, a world where all our wild species can make a comeback. And they believe that for this future to become a reality, one species must lead us there....ours.
We are currently seeking an experienced Direct Marketing professional to join the Fundraising and Membership team to assist the support and development of individual cash donations, Taronga's animal adoption program, Zoo Parents, signature campaigns and appeals and zoo membership programs.
This role works to support 2 x DM Coordinators across the programs above and is integral to the overall success of the wider fundraising team.
The role includes:
- Assist to support the implementation of marketing strategies for acquiring cost effective new supporters through a variety of channels, including online and via direct mail
- Assist with the enhancement of the supporter journey and maximization of the retention of existing supporters with the objective of increasing their lifetime values to Taronga; and
- Assist the team to meet revenue, acquisition and retention targets
- At least 2 years minimum experience working in a fast paced Direct Marketing role, ideally within a not-for-profit / charity environment (but not essential) coupled with ambition to grow and develop your professional DM skills
- Tertiary qualifications in marketing, communications or related discipline, or an equivalent combination of knowledge, skills and experience
- Planning, coordinating and implementing multiple projects simultaneously
- Working cooperatively across the organisation to achieve mutually beneficial outcomes
Please apply online with a covering letter and resume outlining your interest and suitability.