Manage high level major gift & bequest relationships directly alongside a sector leading expert, in a broad, hands on, autonomous & strategic position.
- Educational Foundation overlooking Sydney’s iconic harbour
- Achieve key strategic goals through stewardship of large scale major gifts
- Develop & implement a bequest strategy
The Development Manager will report directly into the Foundation Director, a sector leading expert in philanthropy, to grow the major gifts and bequest fundraising income; playing an important role in achieving key strategic goals for the Foundation.
The Development Manager will develop and implement the bequest strategy and work collaboratively to identify, cultivate, solicit and steward key existing and new prospective major donors to the Foundation. You will work across exciting ongoing campaign priorities and will have the opportunity to work with real autonomy across the program.
- Build and manage a portfolio of donors that have made, or have the potential to make, a minimum $100,000+ philanthropic commitment
- Cultivate and steward long-term relationships with donors that deepen engagement with the Foundation
- Maintain a high-level of major gift-related activity, particularly in relation to organising weekly donor meetings, proposal writing and regular stewardship reporting
- Working closely with the Director of Foundation, support the implementation of a robust bequest program
- Foster productive relationships with key internal and external stakeholders, engaging with their networks and supporting fundraising-based activities
- Proactively identify and engage with prospective major gift donors and bequest donors, with a focus on building the pipeline of current and future philanthropic support
- Work closely with the Donor Relations Manager in the delivery of stewardship activities for mid-level giving engagement strategies
- Fundraising experience, within a charity or education setting
- Demonstrated ability to identify prospective donors, cultivate and solicit major gifts
- Prior experience effectively managing and stewarding a portfolio of major donor prospects
- High-level communication skills, both oral and written, with demonstrated capacity for persuasive writing
- Strong interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to effectively manage and influence a range of key internal and external stakeholders
- Proven experience in achieving monthly and annual KPIs
- Ability to lead small group presentations
Beaumont People has been contracted to recruit this role on behalf of the client, therefore please direct all general enquiries to Rosheen Singh at Beaumont People on email@example.com
Please apply now via the APPLY button, as applications will be reviewed on an immediate basis.