Develop and implement a strategic fundraising plan and establish a high-level philanthropy program for this world leader in medical research.
- World Class Medical Research Institute
- Brand new opportunity to set up a fundraising program
- High level, strategic major gifts role with direct access to board and global teams
This organisation is a world class medical research institute associated with leading universities in multiple countries, leading on research for some of the world’s biggest killers and global health issues.
About the Role
The Development Director, Australia is responsible for developing and implementing the strategic and operational management of the Australian key donor and strategic funding relationships.
This will primarily focus on establishing a high-level Major Gifts program, but over time will also focus on building other revenue streams such as Regular Giving, Trusts and Foundations and Corporate Partners.
The Director is also responsible for designing and implementing a comprehensive philanthropic fundraising strategy to support the Institute’s research in Australia and globally. The role will work closely with Development peers abroad, assisting where appropriate and accessing local targets for mutual benefit.
The Development Director will report to the Executive Director and have a dotted line report to the Chief Operating Officer. The Development Director will also work directly with the Board, the senior management team, and researchers and program managers across the Institute.
The role will line manage the Development Coordinator and have access to administrative support as needed.
Skills & Attributes
- Significant experience in high level major gifts within the university, medical research or not-for-profit sector, including soliciting large gifts and achieving financial targets
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of philanthropy at a strategic and operational level
- Extensive experience in working with philanthropic funders
- A genuine interest in the translation of world class scientific health and medical research into policy and practice
- An awareness of key government and policy processes and how to leverage these in the context of this role
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the proven experience preparing a range of high-level and confidential communications e.g., briefings, proposals and written presentations
- Evidence of success in building and maintaining strong relationships with senior staff, influential donors, and external organisations for successful fundraising outcomes
- Demonstrated ability in building a highly targeted and robust pipeline of prospects through effective prospect research
Beaumont People has been contracted to recruit this role on behalf of the client, therefore please direct all enquiries to Rosheen Singh at Beaumont People on email@example.com
Please apply now via the APPLY button, as applications will be reviewed on an immediate basis.