- Full-time Permanent
- Fantastic company culture
- Great Sydney, CBD location
If successful you will be joining one of the coolest companies in the Sydney CBD. What do we classify as COOL you say? Well, if you believe that your actions should always speak louder than words - its a match. Maybe you define Meaningful Work as making a positive impact on others around you while delivering on your promises (again it’s a match).
We are looking for a Desktop Support Engineer who wants to join a rapidly growing IT team that will allow you to use your blend of customer service, technical understanding, love for networks and cloud services to excel in their Help Desk environment. Like what you are reading? Then keep going...
A little about you...
- University degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Proven employment of at least 2+ years in a similar role
- Good understanding of the ITIL and LEAN-IT processes
- Be a self-starter and tenacious
- Stay Calm under pressure and take control in challenging situations.
- Have excellent knowledge of Windows desktops, shell scripting, tools and utilities (such as Python, Perl or PowerShell.).
- Proficient with supporting Office365 (Outlook/Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Skype for Business)
- Understanding of Cyber Security and its criticality upon the business
- Be ready and able to manage incidents
- Procurement and Asset Management experience
- Be comfortable and have experience supporting iOS and Android devices
- Software and Operating System deployment (PDQDeploy, WDS or similar)
What you'll be doing...
- Support of end user computing environment in Australia, providing both onsite and remote support to 200+ employees from Sydney
- Purchasing of equipment and management of software renewals
- Management and ownership of the incident/request ticketing system
- Develop, maintain and perform operational procedures and ensure operational tasks are performed reliably and consistently to reduce the risk of unplanned outages.
- Evaluate new system hardware and software solutions and monitor the market for emerging technology
- Collect and analyse operational data (especially incident and change records) to identify emerging trends and log problem records
- Perform maintenance and upgrades on the operating systems to maintain support
- Take an ownership role in the development of solutions by designing, implementing, documenting and managing systems through their lifecycle
- Ensure incidents are effectively managed and root cause solutions implemented
If this sounds like you APPLY TODAY.
For a confidential chat about this role feel free to contact Dean at firstname.lastname@example.org