This organisation support people impacted by dementia, and to enable them to live as well as possible. Their commitment to a shared set of values shapes our decisions, actions and behaviours towards achieving our core purpose and strategic priorities.
In this role you will provide information, counselling and support services regarding dementia and memory loss to people living with dementia, their families, carers, members of the general public and to health/allied health professionals.
- Proven experience in the provision of telephone counselling service*
- Proven experience of working in a high volume contact centre environment
- Understanding of community health services, aged care sector and NDIS
- Knowledge of dementia and its’ impact on people diagnosed with dementia, families and carers*
- Proven capacity to problem solve and negotiate with others
- Experience of working independently and as a part of a team*
- Computer literacy across a range of relevant applications, including Microsoft Office, word processing and Outlook*.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in an appropriate speciality area such as Psychology, Social Work or Counselling.