- NFP membership organisation
- Full-Time position
- $80k including Super
We have partnered with a highly desirable and prestigious not-for-profit, professional membership organisation that is recognised as the leader in world-class governance training and development.
Due to the ongoing success of the organisation we are recruiting a number of roles in Sydney and Perth.
About the role
You will be required to deliver a first-class service to all members, guests, and clients both face to face and on the phone.
As the Customer Relations & Events Coordinator, you will form a part of a new team and will act as the host and first point of contact for visitors and members attending events and education courses. This role is fundamental in ensuring members, guests and clients have a positive experience.
You will support all administration and coordination of events and courses whilst also providing office management support to the business internally.
About the person
The ideal candidate must demonstrate confidence and professionalism to work in an outward-facing role. You will be passionate about delivering a positive customer experience and have strong capabilities in engaging and communicating with professional and highly regarded individuals.
You will be highly organised and enthusiastic, with a can-do attitude. You will have the ability to remain calm under pressure and manage competing priorities.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Support the management of the Member Lounge including reception, administration, guest enquiries and security, catering, and maintenance
- Ensure member and client needs, expectations and satisfaction are consistently met and exceeded
- Prepare and coordinate end to end event logistics including liaising with suppliers, venues, presenters, and catering
- Support members, guests, and client’s with registrations, briefs, course notes, and agendas
- Act as primary contact and engage with all participants answering all queries and escalating complaints when needed
- Host all participants at face-to-face and/or virtually-delivered events
- Maintain accurate records and administrative task, monitor invoices, and raise purchase orders
- Certificate 4 in Training and Education or equivalent related experience is desirable
- Previous experience in customer relations and/or managing professional stakeholders
- Strong organisation and time management skills, with the ability to manage multiple competing deadlines
- Confidence and strong interpersonal skills and engage with all levels of stakeholders
- Presentation and public speaking skills
This is a great opportunity to join a leading and influential NFP organisation that encourages professional development and a supportive working environment.
Do you think you tick all those boxes and want to work within a new, professional, and collaborative team?
If so, APPLY Now!
Alternatively, call Alyssa on 02 9093 4925 for more information.