- Full time, 12-month contract role based in South-West Sydney 2199
- Opportunity to join a passionate team at reputable RSPCA organisation
- Work with individuals and their animals in ensuring they receive the high level of care and support they require
The core focus of the role
- Provide support to clients and their pets who are part of our Aged Care, Domestic Violence, Homelessness, Emergency boarding and Access to Vet Care programs.
- Ensuring that a range of animal related services are delivered and also communicating with animal owners, members of the public and human welfare agencies in relation to Community Programs matters
- Engaging in research assignment to provide recommendations on current procedural practices in line with state and federal quality standards.
- Responding to internal and external enquiries for assistance & assessing enquiries based on qualification criteria for accessing services.
- Ensure the health and wellbeing of all animals under Community Programs care within the legislative and resource parameters provided.
- Ensure and maintain communication with all required parties/stakeholders
- Assist with recording monthly output statistics
- Work positively and proactively with Animal Operations
- Lead and contribute to a positive and inclusive work environment
A bit about you
- Qualification in Social Work required
- Experience working in Community Welfare Services and managing cases is desirable (Aged Care, Mental Health, Domestic Violence, Homelessness)
- Animal handling experience is desirable
- Demonstrated ability to work with a team
- High levels of resilience and ability to face ethical dilemmas day to day
- Developed effective strategies and show decisiveness in dealing with emotionally charged situations, difficult and controversial issue.
- Demonstrated ability to work through issues, weigh up alternatives and identify the most effective solutions.
- Ability to empathise with client’s situations while maintaining professional boundaries.
- Ability to analyse information gathered and assess objectively.
If this sounds like a role of interest, I would love to explore this opportunity with you. For more information, please get in touch with Kaitlin Allen on 0466 149 353 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
To Apply please submit your resume along with a short cover letter expressing your interest in the role.
This role is advertised without a closing date, all applications will be reviewed as they are received so please send your application through A.S.A.P.