Autism Spectrum Australia (Aspect) is one of Australia's largest national autism-specific service provider. Their specialised, evidence informed services include their schools’ program, which is the largest in the world, information and advice, diagnostic assessments, behaviour support, family support and adult support programs. As well, it is a national knowledge leader in autism undertaking research and providing workshops and consultancies.
Autism is a lifelong disability that affects about one in 70 Australians, or 350,000 people. Aspect's services provide people with autism with the opportunity to realise their unique potential, as well as providing much needed support to their families, carers, friends and colleagues. Their vision is to provide the best possible opportunities for people on the autism spectrum.
The Community Fundraising Team Leader will take ownership and manage the Community Fundraising program to grow, engage and retain Aspect’s IN IT for AUTISM supporter base.
Working closely together with National Manager, Innovation together to drive and grow the community fundraising and events using digital, social, direct mail and telemarketing channels to recruit, reactivate, upskill and inspire community fundraisers. Grow and manage major flagship peer-peer event Walk for autism. The role will supervise a Community Fundraising Coordinator, so a desire to inspire and coach is also important.
This role is offers a great opportunity to really succeed in community fundraising. The program is award winning and growing year on year for Aspect and future growth is forecast in the peer-to-peer event space; the right person will be able to be the face of this success.
- Responsible for the day to day operations and implementation of the Community Fundraising program
- Develop plan and execute multi-channel campaigns and events using digital, social, direct mail and telemarketing channels to generate support and funds
- Manage Aspect's fundraising events under the brand IN IT for AUTISM and major peer-to-peer event Walk for autism
- Maintain effective communications and build strong relationships with community supporters, promoting the brand within the autism fundraising community and general giving public.
- Demonstrated success in community fundraising and/or revenue generating in direct marketing/events
- Ability to handle multiple projects
- Strong relationship and customer service skills
- Ability to build a good rapport with people from all walks of life
- Excellent time management and ability to work to tight deadlines
- Excellent budget management, campaign and forecasting and reporting
- A proven ability to work collaboratively and experience in managing and motivating teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in different formats and marketing channels
- Understanding of social media platforms and digital strategies
- Confidence using a database / CRM System
- Ability to attend some out -of-hours functions and events & travel nationally when required
To be considered for this exciting position please send your resume through the 'apply' option or email Christina@beaumontconsulting.com.au
Please note the role does not have a set closing date, the advert will be removed when the role has been filled.