Newly branded charity seeks experienced Community Fundraising Manager responsible for growing community fundraising revenue and community development through a number of mediums.
- Based in North Ryde, Sydney
- Competitive salary
• Parking on site
• Flexible working hours
- Opportunity to manage and lead a team
About the organisation
Dementia Australia is the new voice of Alzheimer’s Australia - a unified, national peak body for people, of all ages, living with all forms of dementia, their families and carers.
They advocate for the needs of people living with all types of dementia, and for their families and carers, and provide support services, education and information.
Reporting to the General Manager of National Fundraising and supervising a team of 2 direct reports and 5 indirect, the National Community Fundraising Manager will be responsible for driving community development and growing revenue through a number of channels.
This is a great opportunity where you will be responsible for increasing the income through community fundraising, managing 3rd party agencies and community fundraising campaigns.
- Drive revenue growth for Dementia through developing community fundraising campaigns
- Manage relevant 3rd party agencies to ensure that Dementia Australia is maximising the relationships
- Management of community fundraising campaigns, including briefing, proofing copy and design, managing budgets and reporting
- Support General Manager in developing analysis and forecasting models
- Provide support for fundraising events and activities
- Manage various fundraising platforms (Just Giving, Everyday Hero and GoFundraise)
- Manage and develop in Memoriam portfolio
- Liaise with regional staff, volunteers and committees
Skills & Attributes
- Experienced fundraiser with entrepreneurial approach, positive outgoing personality
- Creative, imaginative and a willingness to try anything
- Excellent interpersonal skill and an ability to build relationships
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills
- A self-starter with experience of using online fundraising platforms
- Proven ability to develop excellent relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously
- Genuine interest in the charity sector
- At least a few years’ experience in fundraising with a good understanding direct marketing
- Proven experience of scheduling, briefing and managing projects
- Proven track record of raising income from a fundraising portfolio
This role offers the opportunity to work in a hardworking and positive environment where the team are committed to achieving results for the charity. You will have the satisfaction of knowing that your work has a real impact on families across Australia.
- Opportunities for professional development
- New, unified organisation
- Salary packaging available
- Flexible environment
Don’t delay! To be considered for this exciting opportunity please send a covering letter and up-to-date resume to ASAP!