- Based Woolloongabba, Brisbane
- Key role in events & community fundraising
- Full time, permanent position
Dementia Australia is the new voice of Alzheimer’s Australia - a unified, national peak body for people, of all ages, living with all forms of dementia, their families and carers.
They advocate for the needs of people living with all types of dementia, and for their families and carers, and provide support services, education and information.
The Community Fundraising Coordinator will report to the Melbourne based Team Leader and will be responsible for assisting to grow community fundraising revenue and community development across Queensland through a number of mediums.
Working alongside other state based peers, you will contribute to increasing community fundraising income by coordinating & growing existing fundraising events and programs.
- Recruit community participants for the flagship live event, Memory Walk & Jog through state-wide promotion & targeted engagement
- Liaise with key volunteer groups to assist with fundraising
- Correspond with relevant 3rd party agencies & other suppliers
- Track relevant income budgets under the guidance of the Team Leader
- Find compelling stories to communicate to supporters
- Explore opportunities to enhance acquisition & retention of supporters
- Utilise online fundraising platforms
- Assist with fundraising events & activities, including public speaking when necessary
- Demonstrated experience in Fundraising is desirable but not essential
- Experience in campaings or events essential
- Positive, outgoing & resilient personality
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to build relationships at all levels
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Desire to work in a charity and to be a ‘fundraiser’
- Demonstrated experience working autonomously
- Entrepreneurial approach to the role
- Ability to work flexible hours & travel when necessary
- Opportunities for professional development
- New, unified organisation
- Opportunity to own your role and make an impact
- Salary packaging available
Don’t delay! Please apply online as soon as possible as applications will be reviewed on an immediate basis.
Beaumont People Not for Profit has been contracted to recruit this role. Beaumont People NFP specialise in delivering unparalleled permanent and temporary recruitment solutions to the Not for profit & Commercial sector across the Northern Rivers, Gold Coast and Brisbane.