- Glenside, Adelaide location
- Key new role in events and fundraising
- Develop your career in a charity
About the organisation
Dementia Australia is the new voice of Alzheimer’s Australia - a unified, national peak body for people, of all ages, living with all forms of dementia, their families and carers.
They advocate for the needs of people living with all types of dementia, and for their families and carers, and provide support services, education and information.
The Community Fundraising Coordinator is responsible for assisting to grow community fundraising revenue and community development through a number of mediums.
- Contribute to increasing the income through community fundraising
- Coordinate and grow existing community fundraising campaigns/streams such as Collection Day and In Memoriam
- Recruit participants of the community fundraising flagship live event through state-wide promotion and targeted engagement
- Liaise with key volunteer groups wanting to assist with fundraising, including corporate volunteers
- Correspond with relevant 3rd party agencies and other suppliers
- Track relevant income budgets under the guidance of the Team Leader
- Find compelling stories to communicate to supporters
- Look for ways to develop your work areas to help enhance acquisition and retention
- Use numerous fundraising platforms (e.g. Just Giving, Everyday Hero and GoFundraise)
- Provide support and assist with fundraising events and activities, including speaking at events when necessary
- Tertiary qualifications in Fundraising or Events is desirable but not essential
- Positive, outgoing, resilient personality
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to build relationships at all levels
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Desire to work in a charity and to be a ‘fundraiser’
- Entrepreneurial approach to the role
Strong team environment, passionate, collaborative, hardworking, positive, committed to results
You will have the satisfaction of knowing that your work has a real impact on families across Australia
- Opportunities for professional development
- New, unified organisation
- Salary packaging available
- Flexible environment
Don’t delay! Please apply online as soon as possible as applications will be reviewed on an immediate basis.
Beaumont People Not for Profit has been contracted to recruit this role. Beaumont People NFP specialise in delivering unparalleled permanent and temporary recruitment solutions to the Not for profit sector.