About the client:
Australian Self Medication Industry (ASMI) is the peak body representing companies involved in the manufacture and distribution of non-prescription consumer healthcare products in Australia. It also represents related businesses including advertising, public relations, legal, statistical and regulatory consultancy companies and individuals.
About the role:
ASMI are looking for a proactive individual with exceptional writing skills to join their team as the Communications Manager based in North Sydney.
You will be responsible for building and driving the internal and external communications with the goal of building ASMI’s public profile.
You will be collaborative, be able to think ahead and perform all your tasks with integrity.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Develop and deliver ASMI’s media engagement and communication strategy
- Daily media monitoring to proactively identify issues/opportunities
- Draft holding statements and media releases
- Assist members on emerging issues as required
- Lead the member-orientated communications
- Refine, grow and manage ASMI’s social media suite
- Experience working with technical, research and scientific data, reports and studies
- Previous experience with media monitoring
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- A strong track record of building and maintaining successful relationships
- The ability to work in a fast-paced and changing environment
Beaumont People specialises in all areas of NFP recruitment including memberships, fundraising and corporate partnerships.