knowmore was established in 2013 as a national, independent community legal service to provide free legal advice and information to people about the Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse. knowmore has secured funding over the next three years to provide legal support services relating to the Commonwealth Redress Scheme.
knowmore provides integrated, multi-disciplinary and trauma-informed services to its clients through its team of lawyers, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Engagement Advisors, social workers, counsellors and operations staff. Services are provided through a national phone line and face-to-face services in key locations, supported by a comprehensive program of outreach and community engagement across Australia. Services are provided from a national network of offices currently located in Sydney, Melbourne, and Brisbane.
- Join a team passionate about social justice and advocacy
- 37.5 hr working week, flexible & supportive working environment
- Full time role based in Brisbane CBD
- Competitive remuneration package with salary sacrifice, 10% superannuation and leave loading.
As Client Services Manager you will provide leadership to the Brisbane team. Working collaboratively with a small and newly created team to deliver high-quality services to clients through knowmore’s trauma-informed and multi-disciplinary service model.
You will lead the intake and administrative team, while work collaboratively as part of a co-ordinated national service. Working closely with Managers for teams providing Legal, Counselling and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander engagement services. Ensuring that clients are able to access services, and that their legal and related needs are identified and actioned in a timely and effective way.
Reporting to the Director of Client Services, will also contribute to knowmore’s important law reform and policy work and will develop and deliver community education and awareness materials and programs to raise awareness about services and to enable potential clients to access those services.
To be successful in this role you will be a strong, positive and supportive leader, with a passion for social justice and extensive experience of trauma informed framework;
- Relevant tertiary qualification in human services sector.
- Experience in providing operational leadership, management and support to a team working within complex support services. Experience managing a phone intake environment would be highly desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to engage effectively with clients who have been impacted by complex trauma and to provide appropriate, trauma-informed support.
- Knowledge and understanding of the dynamics, complexities and legal and social consequences of child sexual abuse.
- Demonstrated understanding of the issues affecting Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and experience in providing culturally safe services to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
- Excellent time management and organisational
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with the proven ability to build effective relationships both internally and externally.
- The ability to work collaboratively, flexibly and respectfully within a multi-disciplinary team to achieve high level operational performance.
This role is advertised without a closing date, all applications will be reviewed on receipt so please send your application ASAP if you are interested in this role.
Please click on the "Apply Now" button to submit your resume along with a brief cover letter outlining your experience and interest in the role or email to Chloe Barton at email@example.com If you require further information, please feel free to call Chloe Barton on 02 9133 9322