Spinal Cord Injuries Australia (SCIA) has a proud history of challenging and removing barriers in society and facilitating independence for people with spinal cord injuries and similar disabilities. Having successfully transitioned into the NDIS environment, SCIA is well positioned to further meet the needs of our clients and their families and to also drive innovation in regard to SCI research and services.
The Board is dedicated to maintaining a people centred culture. We believe that our people strive to provide excellent services to our clients and are our best advocates.
Driving the vision and inspiring the team, the new CEO will lead SCIA to achieve its mission to advance the rights and entitlements of people living with spinal cord injury and to ensure the provision of high quality and relevant services. Simultaneously the CEO will manage the business to ensure ongoing high-level performance of day to day operations.
- Provide high level governance and strategic advice to the Chair and the Board
- Lead the organisation through advocacy, sector development, networking and promotion of specialist services
- Champion member engagement and further develop a portfolio of sustainable services to meet member needs
- Direct oversight of the leadership of all commercial aspects of the SCIA’s successful social enterprises
- Stewardship of all business functions including HR & People Leadership, Compliance, Business Systems, Risk & OHS
- Demonstrated operational and leadership experience as a CEO or senior executive. Experience in the community or disability sector will be highly regarded.
- Strong corporate governance capability and demonstrated experience working with a board.
- High level leadership and people management skills with a demonstrated ability to lead and develop a high performing team.
- Demonstrated experience in planning and implementing business strategies to guide and influence quality service outcomes.
- Experienced at engaging and working collaboratively with a wide range of external stakeholders to achieve organisational objectives.
- Experienced at representing an organisation at state, national, inter-agency and international forums.
- Working knowledge and experience in the management of finance operations and other key business support functions such as HR, IT and Marketing.
- A passion for equal opportunity and committed to removing barriers in society for people with a Spinal Cord Injury.
The Board is dedicated to maintaining a people centred culture. We believe that our people strive to provide excellent services to our clients and are our best advocates. The CEO will be supported to continue to build on our staff engagement and to provide the best working environment possible.
This role is an outstanding opportunity for someone who is looking to work for a well-established organisation where they will be supported by the Board to achieve sustainable growth. You will be leading an organisation of engaged employees with a strong member and client base and a supportive Board behind you.
The SCIA head office is located at Little Bay NSW.
To request a full position description please email email@example.com
Applications close on 19 June 2018.
Please click APPLY to submit your resume and a cover letter addressing the essential criteria and reason for application to Liska Turner. Successful applicants will be contacted for interview.
Beaumont Not for Profit has been contracted to recruit this role. Beaumont NFP is a non-profit service specialising in delivering unparalleled permanent and temporary recruitment solutions to the Not for Profit sector on a Not for Profit basis.