Established in 2011 Fishburners is a not for profit co-working space that specifically caters to tech start-ups. It has an enviable reputation for high quality start-ups and a world class community. Graduates include Koala Mattresses, Mad Paws, Car Next Door and Xceptional, winner of a 2018 $1M Google grant. Fishburners have moved to their new home in the Sydney Startup Hub where its co-working space has set a new standard for startup spaces in Australia.
As Australia’s largest community of scalable tech startups, culture is the number one organisational priority at Fishburners and all members are supported by like-minded people.
Championing community, growing the business and streamlining systems and process the new CEO will lead Fishburners to achieve its strategic goals. Key responsibilities are to:
- Work with the board to develop and implement the strategic plan
- Ensure a commitment to strong governance practices
- Ensure the organisation is financially sustainable
- Lead and develop key strategic partnerships and the government engagement strategy
- Build on and further develop a positive and engaged organisational culture for staff and members
- Stewardship of all business functions including HR, Compliance, Business Systems, Risk & OHS
Fishburners seeks a person who is a strategic thinker with strong operational experience. To be successful in this role you:
- Enjoy managing teams with demonstrated experience in leading and inspiring teams
- Are able to inspire and articulate Fishburners vision at events, to the media and various promotional activities
- Have effective interpersonal skills and can build effective relationships with a broad range of stakeholders including key partners and government
- Are a systems orientated person with demonstrated experience scaling operations and managing finances
- Have high integrity and are approachable with a genuine interest in building and promoting community
- Experience in managing a large community (in person or online)
- A strong understanding of the tech startup market in Australia, including typical reasons and approaches of stakeholders to engaging with startups.
- A track record of new business development and business growth experience
To request a full position description please email Liska Turner at email@example.com.
Applications need to include a current resume and a cover letter that addresses the Essential Criteria.
Applications close 19 February 2019.
To submit an application please click APPLY. Applications will be assessed on receipt and shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
Beaumont Not-for-Profit has been retained to recruit this position so please direct all enquiries to Beaumont People.